Chapter One

Alice

          ''You're a very beautiful young lady,'' A woman says, as she places her hand on my shoulder which causes me to turn around and meet her eyes. The woman smiles, revealing the wrinkles visible on her face; not strange, it is very clear that she appears to be in her sixties.

          My lips curve up into a smile, ''Thank you.''

          ''My, my, my, you're skin is very soft, dear. Your eyes are truly mesmerising as well.'' She continues before chuckling, ''I do think you would make a wonderful wife for my grandchild, Tony.''

          A tall man slowly grabs onto the woman's hand, her fingers slowly leaving my skin. My eyes wander up to him as he smiles down at me, ''I'm sorry, my grandmother can be a little bit persuasive. I hope you don't mind,''

          'I hope you don't mind.' As a matter of fact, I do. I'm not very fond of letting strangers touch me but then again, manners are important from how I was raised so I keep that to myself despite wanting to just be honest. ''It's okay. It's fine,''

'It's not okay. It's not fine.' I smile.

          ''I'm Tony.'' He hands out a hand, in which I shake in return. However, to my surprise, he leans down to kiss at the back of it before looking up into my eyes and smile.

          ''Alice,'' I reply.

          ''She didn't lie when she said you were beautiful,''

          'Oh, my. Can I just smack him and leave? It's torture!' My eyes wander around to look for an escape because deep down, I know I'd suffocate if I bare any of this nonsense any longer. ''Oh, I think I saw my friend! Excuse me,''

          I immediately pull my hand away before quickly making my way towards the middle of the crowd, seeing people chattering with drinks in their hands while I sigh in relief to find Tony nowhere near me. Whenever I attend any events, I would receive compliments from men and even when I'm not doing anything, I'd get their attention. The main reason why I'm here is because of a good purpose; it is a charity event but these foul men just can't seem to keep theirselves away from me which is disturbing.

          My lips curve up into a smile before taking a few steps back, stumbling into a stranger.

          ''Oh, I'm sorry!'' I exclaim before looking up, into a pair of dark green eyes. They pierce deeply into my own as I feel his warm hands on my waist in which I strangly find it comfortable.

          'Great, Alice. You had to stutter!'

          The man stands tall, leaving me feel smaller than I actually am. Being five foot five, I wasn't exactly known as someone petite but being here, in his arms, makes me realise just how tiny someone can feel.

''Are you okay?'' He responds, his voice deep and a little bit hoarse. Not only does this man is beautifully tall, his eyes are mesmerising and his voice sounds a lullaby. How can someone affect me this much?

I nod, ''Yes . . . I'm sorry,''

''It's alright.'' His lips curve up into a smile, making me glance down at his lips in an instant to find them luciously pink and full. ''I was afraid you might sprain your ankle if I didn't catch you on time,''

''I'm fine,'' I smile before slowly leaning back, feeling his arms leaving my waist. ''Thank you for saving my fall. I'm sorry, I really am.''

Both of his dark green eyes focus directly into my brown ones, somehow making my cheeks grow warm just by his gaze. Yet, it's not the only thing that's making me blush but the way his eyes manage to steal a few glances down my lips and back up to my eyes; it's weakening my knees. So, I take my chance to glance up to his hair, a few strands falling down to his forehead, his perfect high cheekbones and defined jawline, it's as if he was sculptured to perfection.