Chapter 30

Sora stood in front of two graves, anger in her expression. A small pup sat on her left by her feet. His ears were pinned back and his head was dipped towards the ground, silently morning the death of the older wolf. Sora turned and walked away from the graves and into the forest. She walked into the clearing where a very sleepy Valt was waiting for her. "Why did you have to wake me up so early?" Valt whined, still somewhat asleep. "I have to train harder for my match against Phi. I am not going to lose to him." Sora replied. "But Sora, if you push yourself too har-" Valt was interrupted. "I'm not going to." Sora said, her voice containing a bit of impatience. Her scar began to glow a gold color and her hair changed from white with gold streaks to red with white streaks and it began waving around like flames. She got into a handstand and felt weight being put on her feet as Valt sat on them. At least he's too asleep to argue. I know he's concerned but I have to get stronger. I have to. For them. Sora thought. Several minutes passed and now Sora had begun struggling to hold up Valt. She began to breathe heavily, her entire body felt strained from the weight. She was pretty sure her face was red from the blood rushing to it. Valt seemed to notice the white and gold haired blader getting tired and began to jump off. "Don't. Move." Sora growled. Valt sat still, looking down at Sora's face with a concerned expression. "You should take a break. Your face is really red and your arms are shaking." He said. "I'm not done just yet." Sora said. Valt kept silent as he watched his friend push herself to hold the handstand longer than she did the day before. Sora' arms began shaking violently. Hyoma said I have the strength to defeat Phi. I have to push myself until it shows! She thought. Her arms only began shaking worse. "Jump Valt!" Sora yelled. Valt jumped off right as Sora's arms gave out and she collapsed. Sora lay on her back, glaring at the sky. "Are you ok?" Valt asked. "I'm flipping fantastic." Sora replied, her voice dripping with sarcasm. She slowly stood up, the muscles in her legs ached a little in protest. "Why don't you take a little break?" Valt suggested. "I'm fine Valt. Why don't you go back to the village and eat something? It was a little selfish of me to drag you out here first thing." Sora said. "What about you?" Valt asked. "I've already eaten." Sora replied. "Ok. I'll be back." Valt said before running back to the village. Sora let out a sigh and walked farther into the forest. Let's see if I can find Dad's old training course. She thought.

~Katsumi POV~

Katsumi awoke to a hissing sound as the machine she was in opened. Her bright red eyes snapped open revealing a dark room with several computers and another cylinder shaped machine next to hers. She jumped out, landing on one knee before she stood up. She saw Ashtem walking towards her. "How are you feeling Scarlet Eye?" The masked man asked. "Better. Thank you for helping me." Katsumi replied. "I'm not done quiet yet. You want revenge on your former mentor. Am I correct?" Ashtem said. "Yes. She'll regret turning her back on me and leaving me to die." Katsumi growled. "I can help you with that. I can help you get stronger than her." Ashtem said. Katsumi was silent for a few moments. If what he said before is true and Sora Hagane was Ember Eye, then he'll know her strengths and weaknesses. She thought. "Deal." Katsumi said. "Good. Come with me." Ashtem said. He led Katsumi out of the lab and into another room where a single cylinder-shaped podium stood in the center. On the podium was a folded black and scarlet jumpsuit along with a mask that had scarlet lenses. "While you train here you will wear these." Ashtem said. Katsumi walked toward the podium and picked up the mask. It reminded her of something Fubuki had described two years ago but she couldn't remember what. She slipped the mask onto her face and turned to face Ashtem. "From now on, you are known as Scarlet Eye." Ashtem said. Right after he said that, seven masked bladers walked in. They wore jumpsuits that were mainly black but each blader had colored markings of; yellow, gray, black, purple, gold and silver that matched the lenses of their masks. "The Masked bladers will help you in your training. Meanwhile, I'll be working on finishing your new bey. Seeing as Phi destroyed your last one." Ashtem finished. "One more person I want revenge on." Katsumi growled. "You will get that too, in time. For now, focus on your training Scarlet Eye." Ashtem said. "Yes sir." Kaitsumi said.