IX

I tossed and turned on my bed until I decided it was hopeless to try and get some rest. Cole had spend the day with me and even manage to miss his class and call in sick to work. It was a nice gesture but I didn't like him leaving my house late. He insisted it was okay so I allowed it to slide. My boss called me and said to take the day off. I sighed and walked to my kitchen to get some water. Sleeping seemed futile.

Why was I up so late? Probably because of the words Kaiden had said to me. Dino was still out there searching for me. I dragged my hand over my face. I sat on my couch and decided to watch some TV. I glanced at my clock.

11:10

I could call Hazel to come over. It was Saturday and Hazel was always at a party on Saturdays. I smiled and took up my phone dialing her number. She answered in the third ring.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey yourself. Wassup?"

"Well I don't have work today and I'm home alone, bored. Think you could come by and keep my company?" I said turning down the television.

"Sure. Just send me the address. Girls night?" She asked. I smiled.

"It's a date." I said. Hazel laughed before saying bye and hanging up. I quickly texted her the address and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed 2 bowls and shared some ice cream and place them to freeze until she got here. I found out popcorn and our favourite romance movies. I searched for blankets and pillows. Several minutes later a knock came at my door. I hurriedly opened the door as Hazel came in. I smiled.

"Do you know how hard it was to find skittles? The ones you like? Plus I had to go back home for my PJ's and stuff. This is so last minute." She glared throwing her hands up. It took everything out of me for me not to laugh. I smiled and locked the door.

"My bad but I don't get these day offs often. Be grateful." I said playfully glaring at her. She huffed and threw her bag on the couch. "Bathroom is past that door. Go shower and get ready." I said laughing throwing her bag at her. She groaned and went to the bathroom. I put the first movie in the DVD and pressed pause as I waited for her. I grabbed the popcorn and threw it in a bowl. I sat down waiting for her. Couple minutes she came out with her ginger hair wrapped in a towel and blue pajamas that brought out her eyes. She sat next to me and I pressed play.

"Four Weddings and a Funeral? Where do you find these movies?" She asked laughing. I hit her arm once and glared at her.

"Shhhh!" I said. She winced rubbing her arm and pouting. We watched the movie in silence and soon Hazel was crying. I smiled. Big baby. The movie finished and I got up to get out ice cream. It was our talk time. I handed her her ice cream and she smiled.

"You first?" She asked.

"No way! I went first last time. It's your turn." I smiled taking a scoop out of my ice cream. She smiled.

"Okay. Where to begin...?" She said pausing.

"The beginning." I snickered. She glared at me.

"Jackass. Why couldn't you be the shy gay kid who was cute and didn't talk much?" She said more to herself. I gasped.

"Because Missy, I am a rare gem." I said. It was true. My middle name was Jade. And jades are very rare. Hazel rolled her eyes.

"Whatever punk." She said rolling her eyes again. I laughed, "So talk time. I met this guy, Dylan. He's really nice but you know, I'm still with Noah. Even though I think he might be cheating on me. Um, my life is pretty boring compared to yours. Oh, and I am still a virgin." She said laughing. I laughed along, " Your turn. "

"Well, Samuel wants to get to know me. He's a really nice guy you know but I don't think I can date him. He's too nice and my life is hell. Different note, I hooked up with a guy named Cole who turned out to be Jamie's friend. Can you believe that?" Hazel started to choke on her ice cream. I laughed.

"You hooked up with someone? The guy that always claimed he was too good to do one night stands?" She said. I rolled my eyes at her dramatic ass.

"Well, I made an exception for him." I said blushing slightly.

"Mhm. I wonder what other exceptions you're gonna make for him." She said wiggling her eyebrows. I gasped and took my pillow throwing it at her. She laughed.

"Whatever. Now, back to the story. Where was I? Oh yea. Cole is Jamie's friend. And they came to my house today. I didn't even know they were friends until I saw Cole with Jamie. Cole and I spent the day together. We went grocery shopping and we cooked together. And his energy was nice to be around. That's about it." I said leaving the details of Kaiden out of it. Hazel ate her ice cream.

"So tell me, how big is he?" She said. I blushed furiously.

"If I told you, you would not believe me." I said dreamily. She gasped and threw her pillow at me.

"You naughty boy." I laughed catching the pillow.

"Girl, I could take him over and over again and never get tired of his dick. Plus he can move." I said holding the pillow to the side, " that was the first time I have ever had that wild sex. And he told me he wasn't even being wild. Can you imagine his wild then?" I said thinking of the many positions he could place me in. I bit my lip and Hazel threw a pillow at me again. I laughed.

"Virgin over here!" She yelled. I rolled my eyes.

"Yea right. And I'm baby Jesus." I said. She gasped.

"You are? Oh my God!" I glared at her and threw the pillow back at her. Soon after we were in an all out pillow fight. I laughed as she dropped on the blankets. I took my advantage and continuously hit her with the pillow. She screamed trying to block me. "You win! You win!" She yelled out. I smiled triumphantly and rested on the blankets again. We were both laughing. I laid on the blankets and Hazel snuggled towards me.

"Cold?" I asked her. She nodded as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Hey Austin?" She said. I hummed in response, "when are you going to be free?" She asked. I looked at her cause I knew what she was talking about. I knew exactly what she meant. I sighed.

"I don't know Haz. But I promise I won't leave you alone. I swear it." I said reassuring her. She sighed and soon she was asleep in my arms. I looked at her and sighed. Hazel wasn't just my best friend. She was a lot more than that. I'm truth, she was my sister. My twin. Only thing, we both had two separate fathers. My mother had an affair with a married man, Hazel's father. When she got pregnant, my father didn't think anything of it. And she got away with it since neither dad's where there at the birth of their children. I sighed. Hazel's dad was some big shot who neither of us knew. She got her blue eyes from him but took our mothers ginger red hair. As for me, I got my mother's green eyes but took my father's blond hair. In other words, my mother had two very rare and unique children.

Hazel was given to get current mother when she was born who gave her the last name Stanford. As for me, I was welcomed into the Gordon "family." Afterall, it would be weird if she took Hazel. They would question her eye colour, seeing as father had brown eyes. I sighed. I was glad she was treated right at least but that didn't give our mother the right to separate us. Hazel's mother was the one that told the both of us the truth when we were 13. Our real mother had passed away. I remembered how Hazel cried so much for our mom never once came to look for her. She never knew her. I sighed. There was one thing she did right. And that was naming us. Our mother decided our middle names should be gem stones.

Hazel Sapphire Stanford

And

Austin Jade Gordon.

Or that would have been the case. But sadly, Austin Jade Gordon wasn't a real person.

In truth, I was a ghost.