chapter six*

*mature

"how long do we have?" jon asks bran in hopes that he can see how far off the army of the dead is. "the night after tomorrow." bran answers stoically. this caused panic to rise. the wedding would have to take place tomorrow. "we better get working, there is a wedding that needs to take place." sansa says hurried before she walked out of the room.

the wedding had been practically planned overnight but it truly didn't take much effort. it wasn't to be a big affair seeing as though they were going to be fighting for their lives tomorrow night. "the day has finally come for me to be married." rhaenys said to herself as she looked at her reflection in the mirror.

there was then a knock upon rhaenys' door, which she opened to find daenerys behind it. "may i help you get ready for the big day?" she asks with a big smile on her face. rhaenys can't help but to wonder when was the last time she saw a smile like that on daenerys' face. "of course sister." rhaenys responded.

rhaenys begins to put on her dress. it was a beautiful ivory and there was a slit on the chest. the two girls had brought it with them from across the sea. they figured that when rhaenys got married, she would wear a dress that represented where they came from and how far they have come. "daenerys?" rhaenys ask and daenerys turns to face her, "can you do my hair please sister?" rhaenys asked her. her eyes light up and her mouth turns into a big smile.

"you know i'd love to, rhaenys." she says, "i absolutely love your hair, it's so soft. i've always wondered how you got silver hair because of your mother." she says and rhaenys nodded in response since it was something she often wondered about. but rhaenys was grateful for her hair, it makes her feel closer to dany since they look more similar to one another with both having silver hair. but it also made her feel closer to her father. she remembered him growing up and how loving and playful he was with her. she wouldn't remember him for starting a war and what he did to lyanna stark.

she has her sun necklace for her mother and her hair for her father. rhaenys then began to fidget with her necklace which daenerys noticed. "you know that they are always with you. especially today." daenerys said in reassurance. the necklace was given to rhaenys by her mother right before she died. she had told her to always wear it and shed be right beside her. her mother always called her, her little sun. and as daenerys was finishing with her hair, sansa walked into the room after knocking and being told to come in. "you look beautiful rhaenys." sansa said, coming up from behind her. "thank you sansa." rhaenys said with a slight smile.

"its alright rhae, everything is going to go well." daenerys whispered into her ear. "so sansa, may you escort us to the weirwood tree?" rhaenys asked as she got up from her seat which sansa gladfully did.

rhaenys' arm was linked through daenerys as they began their walk towards the weirwood tree. rhaenys stared at the ground and took a deep breath before looking up. jon looked as handsome as ever and that was where her gaze stayed. their eyes were only on one another and rhaenys felt as if it were only the two of them. her heart fluttered slightly as she stepped closer to her future.

jon couldn't believe how incredibly lucky he had gotten as he watched his bride walk towards him with her arm locked in her aunt's. she looked incredibly beautiful in the dress she wore and the curls that framed her face. with every step she took, his heart beat went faster and faster.

"who comes before the old gods this night?" samwell tarly asks as rhaenys and daenerys stop in front of him and jon. "rhaenys, of the house targaryen, comes here to be wed. a woman grown, trueborn and noble. she comes to beg the blessing of the gods. who comes to claim her?" daenerys asks back.

jon steps forward now standing directly in front of rhaenys . their eyes lock unable to tear them away from each other. "jon, of house stark, king of the north. who gives her?" jon asks back at her. "queen daenerys, of the house targaryen, her aunt." she says. "princess rhaenys, do you take this man?" sam asks with a voice full of hope, almost as if he fears she may say no.