Chapter 48

Athena was silent as she stalked her prey. She had her short sword drawn and was carefully making her way through the forest. She could sense the Chakra of her teammates around her. They were just as cautious as they followed after the poor animal they stumbled upon.

Naruto had two kunai drawn as he search for good vantage points. He was close, but he could get closer. Athena was the closest. Hinata just after her. Sasuke a bit further up and Kakashi around the same distance as him. Blue eyes followed a bee that flew near him. He landed on a nearby tree housing his home. Naruto raised an eyebrow. He was on the tree in an instant and took in his suroundings. He grinned when he spotted a good place to execute his plan.

In all honesty it wasn't a plan. He just had to find a good vantage point.

Sasuke had the same idea as Naruto, although a bit different. That didn't make them the same, did it? Matters not. Sasuke was on high ground. He eyed their chosen prey and located each team mate. Possible plans and plays of action rolled around in his head. He did a 360,searching. He furrowed his brows and moved on to another tree. He was quick to climb to top and try his search again. He let small smile grace his lips when he found it.

Hinata had located her team quite easily. They weren't out of range of her Byakugan, so it was easy enough. Naruto and Sasuke had taken to high ground. They're probably searching for the perfect spot. Athena had her eyes on their prey. Kakashi was reading on a tree. She had sighed when she found the ninja. He wasn't taking part it seems.

Something brushed against her leg. When she looked down she found Yin Kurama casually standing next to her. His eyes were straight. Could he see his chosen prey? Why wasn't he with Athena? Hinata was sure he would be stalking their target with her.

"Naruto, reporting " Hinata's attention was pulled away from the fox when she heard the familiar voice from her earpiece. "I've got a great vantage point. I can see everything from up here"

"Sasuke reporting, I've located a valuable view point as well. Ready for further instructions" came Sasuke's cool voice.

"Good" Athena's voice had the usual calm to it. "What do you see"

"Nothing much. There's a herd some distance away from you though"Naruto informed from his position.

"To the west to be more precise " Sasuke added. "We need to keep our target away from them or prevent it from alerting them. It will make our mission a tad more complicated if they were to be alerted"

"Copy"Athena replied. "Yang Kurama, go handle this. You've slept all day. Now you move your ass"

Hinata saw massive chakra zip through the forest heading north. She figured that was Kurama.

"Hinata, where's Kakashi? "

"Reading. He's not too far away from you. He's straight ahead"

"Lazy fool" Athena sighed. "What about Yin Kurama? "

"He's with me, surprisingly " Hinata glanced at the fox. He paid her no mind. He was still staring ahead.

"Alright then" Athena said amused. "I'll be sending his prey your way, be prepared"

"I'll try" Hinata sighed. She had a feeling Athena would do such a thing. They were hunting Yin Kurama's prey. Of course he would be the one to catch it. Oddly enough he ended up next to her.

Athena grinned as she stood perfectly still. The poor deer was looking around. He had heard something and was on the alert. Athena waited until he looked in a certain direction before throwing her sword. The deer let out a sound of pain a the blade grzed his leg. He made to run to the left but another sword was sent flying and he turned in the opposite direction. Again he was stopped when a kunai was sent his way. He headed north.