3

It's been a week since the attic incident. I keep hearing things. Like a bang on the front door or a book falling off of the shelf. Sometimes silverware is thrown to the floor. I haven't told Namjoon about this. He's not a believer in the supernatural. He'd just try to prove to me that it's something that can be explained.

I shut the dryer door, picking up the basket of laundry that I had to fold. I huff out a breath, bored of doing house work all day and then sitting in front of the television.

I walk to the living room, turning on the radio instead of hooking up my bluetooth. Sitting on the couch, I began to fold the slighty warm clothes. I would have to wash the sheets later.

My phone began to vibrate against the coffee table, so I paused my folding and answered it, not checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"

One breath, two breaths.

"...hello?" I call out again, starting to feel the chills prickle my skin.

"Give it to me..." the voice whispered.

"Excuse me? Who is this?" I demand into the device. Was this a dumb prank?

"Give it to me," the voice said louder this time.

"What?"

"Give it to me!" It screamed, startling me. I quickly hang up, feeling my heart beat faster.

I sit there, listening to the music play. It was just a stupid kid, Jin. Don't worry.

My phone rings again.

I answer it, not saying anything. I could just hear his breathing. He kept whispering 'give it to me.'

"I'm calling the police if you don't stop calling," I muster up the courage to say.

"Give it to me!"

I hang up once more. But my phone rings. I stare at the device, my hands beginning to tremble. All of a sudden, the music stops. My head whips to the radio, watching it from afar.

I wait for it to do something. Anything.

"Hyung!"

I scream, throwing my phone at the figure that had popped out of nowhere.

"Ow- what the hell! That's not how you're supposed to greet your guests," Hoseok glares, picking up my phone from the ground.

Letting out a breath of relief, I smile, "sorry, I didn't know you were coming. Why didn't you call? And how did you get in?" I step over the laundry basket to hug him.

"The door was unlocked, and I called multiple times, but you never picked up."

I frown, pulling away from the hug to look at my phone. There it was. Five missed calls and two messages.

"My phone must've glitched, sorry. Why are you here again?" I question, picking up around the room so neither of us would trip.

"I was just dropping off my housewarming gift, of course," he smiles brightly, "here." He bends over and grasps a small basket I hadn't noticed, handing it to me. "I just thought it would've been nice. The others pitched in with smaller things, too."

I awe at it, "thank you so much. Tell the guys that Namjoon and I appreciate it a lot."

He nods, "of course, Jinnie. I should go, though. I have a lot of work to do."

My heart beats faster at the thought of being alone, "are you sure you can't stay? I'd love to have a drink with you or something."

"Ah, I wish I could. The boss needs the paperwork done today, so I can't. Maybe next time," he starts walking to the front door with me following behind. "I'll see you later. Enjoy the treats."

I wave at him as he exits the house, feeling the dread build back up again. Don't leave me...

____

Yo, being able to publish chapters for this book makes me sooo happy :)•