chapter one

As she completed her last experiment of the day she noticed something glowing brightly out of the corner of her eye, as she turned towards it she realized what it was. Where had this come from she asked herself? ''I must report this to the king'' she said. Ninhursag rushed into the kings' chamber so out of breath she could hardly speak ''Great one'' she said forgetting to bow before her king,'' an extra strand has suddenly appeared in the Royal DNA column''.

The look the king gave her sent chills down her spine. But still, she continued ''a royal female heir is about to come of age, but there haven't been any royal female births in the royal line for thousands of years. ''The royal DNA  strand only changes when a female royal has given birth to another female, and that female comes of age creating a continuum in the royal DNA column''.

''You say this as if I need a lesson on the royal column'' the King replied sharply.

Ninhursag was the King's chief medical officer and he could see the confusion on her face.  King Anu then sent for Enlil, his chief scientist, and they both assured him that even with their experiments they had created nothing that would affect the royal DNA  column in this way.

Enraged by this information, he dismissed them both, then he sent for the leaders of The Halaku of the seventh house of the fallen, and he sent a messenger to the Sabettu, ''I will find you and destroy you whoever you are'' he roared and the heavens shook...

Estelle

As the top linguist in the world, and most sort after archaeologists on the planet, Estelle was the best on Earth at translating any and all ancient languages. To her colleagues, it seemed as if she had spoken these languages in another life. Her in-depth understanding of the ancients, their culture, and their religion, as well as their way of life, is what made her the best. She always took special care of the artifacts, as if she were caring for her own personal items.

Estelle was currently on the excavation site of the ancient city of Ur, the home of Abraham the father of the Jewish people. Ur was one of the known cities of the ancient Sumerian civilizations she knew this site well because she had been here before.

While working late one night off in the distance Estelle heard what sounded like a baby crying. ''Too long in the desert," she thought. laughing out loud as she returned to her work, but again she heard a faint cry. Getting up from her chair she began to follow the sound. The darkness outside her tent was absolute, it was pitch black. Darkness in the desert was different, the only light that shined was the silvery reflection of the moon, yet she continued to follow the sound as if in a trance. The crying was coming from inside the excavation site, grabbing a torch Estelle entered the tunnel, still wondering what a baby would be doing down there?

In the darkness that permeated the tunnel, the flickering of Estelle's torch allowed her to see a young woman crouched in its corner, and without raising her head, and as if giving an offering to the gods, the young woman handed Estelle the baby she held in her arms. Estelle immediately began to panic looking around for something to wrap the baby in, because it was wet and cold in the tunnel. upon turning her attention back to the young woman Estelle saw that she was gone, she had just vanished, and this was very troubling to Estelle. "Where the hell had she gone?" Estelle said, but I can't concentrate on that right now.'' What am I gonna do with this baby''? she said out loud as it echoed threw out the tunnel.

In the weeks that followed an investigation was done and the young woman nor anyone who knew her could be found, for two months every night Estelle went back into that tunnel hoping for some clue to who the young woman was, but The young woman never returned.