(𝟏𝟒) 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄.

ASSISTANCE
chapter fourteen
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

          AUSTON MAXWELL WOULDN'T know what was coming

AUSTON MAXWELL WOULDN'T know what was coming. Lena texted him that morning. She informed him that she was dropping by in the afternoon for a surprise. Feeling obligated to reply, he did, apologizing for his lack of attention by using "work" as an excuse. He should've known she wasn't an idiot.

As promised, Steph showed up outside her building at twelve in the afternoon, on time. Lena took her purse, slipped on her running shoes, placed some sunglasses on, and locked up the house.

When she hopped into Steph's front seat, she noticed a cake box sitting in the back, buckled in.

"What's that?" She asks, turning around to check. Steph smiles. "Open it."

It's a plain vanilla cake, looks like Steph baked it himself, likely with pre-made cake mix. In red, the words thanks for nothing were scrawled out. Lena giggled. "What am I supposed to do with this?"

"Show him it. Let him read it for a bit then throw it at his face. Don't they do that in the movies?" Steph cruises along the road.

"I've never seen it, but I appreciate the gesture. Thanks for baking the cake, I'll use it." Lena says, gratefully. "Would you mind if I get another hour or two of sleep?"

"Not really, the car's better when it's quiet."

"Fuck off." She laughs and closes her eyes, resting her head on the car window. "You say that a lot." Steph observes. "Find something else to use."

Lena ignores him, pretending to be asleep, dreaming of all the ways she could end her relationship. She wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not, but man, Lena LaBelle was excited to watch it go up in flames.

Serves Auston right for treating her horribly for a good two years. She wished she hadn't been so oblivious.

Steph felt sympathy for her. He knew exactly how she felt, it hadn't even been long since the incident occurred. All Lena needed was someone to be there for her, especially when the rest of her family lived in another state.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

LENA WAS STARVED. So, being the nice friend he is, Steph stopped at a McDonalds, coming out of the drive through, they were good for food. A cheeseburger happy meal, two large fries, ten piece chicken McNuggets, two apple pies, a yogurt stick, and two bottles of water.

She scrolled on her phone, happily chomping fries like a first grader as she texted Elaisa, who was more than pleased to hear about her plans for her soon-to-be ex boyfriend.