i. THE SAVIORS ARE COMING.

rich girl. chapter one.
SUMMARY ; the saviors show up for their weekly visit.

i'm sitting pretty on the throne
there's nothing more i want, expect to be alone
——

SYDNEY HAD been brushing her long, dark hair when a loud knock sounded against her wooden door to her bedroom. rolling her eyes in annoyance, she placed her brush down on the vanity she was seated at, watching her reflection in the circle shaped mirror as she pushed the small stool back and stood to her feet. she crossed the bedroom to get to the door, twisting the handle and pulling it open to reveal her twin, sebastian. who was panting heavily with his arm pressed up against the wall beside her door, leaning against it.

"t-the saviors are here, uncle ezekiel wanted me to tell you- also i ran up the steps and that was like, really hard," he panted, swallowing hard. sydney shook her head at her brother, turning around to head back into her room as she kept the door open. the saviors were a group of old, white men that think the world owed them something, sydney rolled her eyes whenever someone mentioned them. they didn't frighten her, they annoyed her. she couldn't understand why they gave them things, they could easily take them out, sydney wanted to desperately.

"you should workout more, run a few laps around the kingdom with me tomorrow because you getting winded by running up the stairs is quite embarrassing," sydney joked as she sat back down at her vanity, running her fingers through her hair as she stared at herself in the mirror. she grinned when she saw her brother flip her the middle finger from out of the corner of her eye, before he turned around to head back down the stairs.

"stop staring at yourself in the mirror you're becoming an airhead!" sebastian jokingly yelled to his sister as he walked away. sydney sunk her teeth into her bottom lip as she grinned, continuing to look at herself as she picked her hair brush back up again. her and brother lived with their uncle ezekiel, he was the leader of a community called the kingdom, a lot of the residents called him the king but he was very generous and kind to everyone he met. he was their mother's half younger brother, after she didn't make it through the start of the outbreak, and their father got stuck in brazil due to a business trip, he immediately took the two kids in on his own.

they helped him build the kingdom for what it was now — sebastian did, while sydney did most of the decorating to make the place feel more homey — as did shiva. she was a tiger he rescued at the start of the outbreak, she was the only living thing other than sebastian that sydney spent the most time with, there was nothing the girl loved more than going on walks/runs with the tiger, it was so out of the ordinary it made her feel special, not that she already didn't. being related to the king she mostly did what she pleased, including leaving when she wanted to and staying in her bedroom for as long as she wanted to.

when the saviors first found the kingdom three months ago, they were much smaller than they were nowadays. back then there was no way they could take on the sanctuary, but now it could work. they took lots of food, medical supplies, and just about anything else that caught their eye with them back to the sanctuary every week, it was tough to keep up with, they threatened ezekiel after each time that if he didn't have everything they wanted, someone would die. sydney was at him every time they left to get rid of them so they wouldn't lose out on anymore supplies, but with him not being the violent type he always just left it go. he didn't want to start a war.

sydney pushed the white stool back to stand to her feet, before placing it back into it's place. her attire consisted of a pair of comfy grey shorts she's had since the before the outbreak, she was in desperate need of new clothes and whatever she found just wasn't her style, it was never anything appealing. though since the shorts were from her old life it meant they were cute. sydney took pride in her clothing, always have and always will, it was a trait she loved to hate.