iii. SANCTUARY.

rich girl. chapter three.
SUMMARY ; sydney gets thrown into a cell at the sanctuary.

you don't own me
i'm not just one of your many toys
——

SYDNEY GRUNTED as she was tossed inside of a dark room, complete with cement flooring and walls, it was pitch black inside and lacked any windows. her body smacked the hard wall and she fell to the ground, her elbow smacking the hard surface. she grimaced, rubbing at the soreness on her arm. the door was loudly slammed shut behind her, leaving her in complete darkness, hearing the lock slide into place. sydney let out a couple heavy breaths, rethinking everything that had just happened, she couldn't tell if her eyes were open or shut with how dark the room was.

sydney stood to her feet, pushing herself up with her palms against the cold ground. she shook her head in disbelief, before banging her balled fist against the door. "hey! let me out! this is bull shit!" sydney yelled out, pure frustration in her tone of voice, pounding her hand against the steel door multiple times. she didn't care who was listening, if negan was the one standing on the other side of the door, it wouldn't make a difference to her. she got silence in response. sydney pressed her ear to the door, bracing herself against it in hopes of hearing something, anything.

"let me out now!" sydney kicked the front of her boot against the door as hard as she could to make the loudest noise. once again, she was met with complete silence, it was so quiet inside the cell it was practically ringing in sydney's ears. huffing out in frustration, sydney turned around to press her back against the door, sliding down it to sit on the ground. she leaned her head back, her hands balling into fists at her side, how long would he keep her in there? sydney didn't think long. for starters she would need water first and foremost, then eventually food, someone would have to open the door eventually and sydney would bolt out as soon as it did.

sydney couldn't understand why negan would do this other than the fact he was a sociopath. she hadn't done anything wrong, she had nothing to do with whatever went on with her uncle and him. it was quite ridiculous in sydney's mind, he acted totally out of anger and nothing else. he wasn't the most reasonable and sydney was quickly learning that.

|

hours passed, hours of sydney pressed up against the wall with nothing but her thoughts to keep herself busy. she had gone over her plan at least a dozen times she knew it well enough to tell it backwards. no noise was ever heard outside of the door, it was completely silent. he couldn't have forgotten about her, sydney was sure she made quite an impact on him — for him to throw her into a cell she had to of.

sydney's eyelids began to grow heavy, and just as she let them fall shut she heard the heavy, steel door began to pry itself open. sydney was blinded by the sudden harsh light shining through, she shot her arm up to quickly block it, shielding her sensitive eyesight, her face scrunched up and her eyebrows furrowed. she could only see a familiar pair of thick black boots along with dark grey jeans. she knew it was him.

"well hey there, princess-"

before he could finish, sydney jumped up and attempted to bolt out of the cell, in the opening that was in between his legs and the door that was halfway open. negan quickly reacted and caught her, scooping her up against his chest, he tossed her back into the cell once he had a strong grip onto her. he watched the girl smack the ground with a thud, her eyes squeezing shut at the pain that shot through her.