Chapter One

Lianne woke abruptly from her much needed rest when she couldn't seem to take a deep breath, in fact, she felt as though she was being suffocated. Her hands wildly reached out and flung her blankets off, which earned her a loud hiss followed by a thump, she immediately sighed.

This was the second time her cat Aloe had tried to sleep directly on her face, Lianne just layed there, after the long shift she'd pulled off yesterday at the hospital she just wanted to sleep, but apparently that was too much to ask for.

"Aloe, I hate you sometimes you know" she said, although she didn't really mean it, her white little fluff ball of a cat just lazily leaped up onto the bed and gave her a glare. Aloe's ears pinned back and she stared at Lianne with her blue cat eyes, they both stared at each other for a few more tense seconds before they were interrupted by a remarkably noisy yowl that made her ears hurt.

Quickly flinging the rest of the blanket from her body, Lianne jumped off the bed before running downstairs, Aloe jogging behind her, tail raised up high like a sail on a ship, before abruptly sprinting in between Lianne's legs, and she nearly toppled down the the steps to her death.

"Death by cat" the headlines would read

"Are you trying to kill me" she yelped at her cat who now waited by the front door smugly, if she were a human she'd be wearing a big fat smirk.

The yowl echoed laudly outside, the cat most surely be in perilous danger to make such a racket. Lianne quickly swung the door open, fully expecting a cat to be fatally wounded at her door, or some youngsters harassing it at the least. But instead, what met her green eyes was a large, pitch black cat staring straight at her. Sitting lazily at her doorstep—perfectly healthy,mind you — even going as far to look furious at her for taking so long. Lianne—ever the animal lover—debated throwing him off the porch when the feline glared at her with icy blue-green eyes.

The nerve!

"The flip you want cat" she said half to herself, half to the cat, Aloe, on the other hand, hissed and puffed up to twice her size. The black cat didn't say a word—obviously—and sprinted gracefully past her and inside her apartment while Aloe nearly had a heart attack as she spit and hissed. As Lianne watched Aloe concerning display, she came to a realization: she was fed up with this morning, she didn't need another stray, she had her hands full with Aloe, stars knew she'd been mentally unstable when she'd adopted that adorable peril to her life—if her name was any indication, who named a cat Aloe!?

She quickly closed the door and walked around her apartment, trying to locate the black cat, it wasn't hard since her apartment was on the small size. Made up of a kitchen, livingroom, bathroom, and bedroom located upstairs, where she happened to find the cat in question.the little menace was sprawled on her bed like he owned the place, giving her a blank look. lianne leaned against the doorway and sized him up—as one did to any respectable threat—Aloe doing the same by her feet.

Two grown females being harassed by this foreign male cat, truly it was pathetic, and she just knew he was a male cat.

Only a man would be that arrogant.

Lianne crossed the room and sat at the edge of the bed while she thought. Her shift at the hospital began in two hours and Aloe and the cat were obviously not getting along, she couldn't just leave. Beside she didn't want Aloe getting pregnant, she wasn't due to get spayed till next week.

"I hope you're neutered" she said dryly, and in response, and the black cat puffed its tail out and hissed, in what could only be described as deep rooted offense—lso Obviously not. She didn't want to touch the cat so she would have to lock Aloe up in a cage, for eight hours though?!

She checked her watch—yes she had fallen asleep with it on—and discovered she didn't have time for this, she ran downstairs and quickly poured Aloe her cat food in her pink bowl and Lianne poured herself some cereal and ate as she walked to her bedroom and scrimmaged through her closet.

She found a clean pair of scrubs and layed her bowl down on her nightstand to take her clothes close off to change when suddenly she stopped as she noticed the black cat looking at her through half lidded eyes.

What a creep, obviously male.

She took her scrubs and ran to the bathroom, locked it, and changed quickly, she put her long auburn hair into a pony tail before walking back to her room to finish her cereal only to find the black cat licking his paws free of milk as it sat on the nightstand.

"Such an ass" Lianne spat at the cat, which the cat replied by yawning and licking it's paw—clearly above the gibberish spewing of a mere peasant—.

"I'm going to throw you in a shelter you little menace" she growled and stomped downstairs to find Aloe, she had finished her food and was sprawled on the couch ready to nap, Lianne suddenly felt guilty for thinking of putting her in cage and instead ran upstairs and smirked at the black cat before slamming the door of her bedroom shut.

There, now he can't mess with Aloe, brilliant!

She checked her watch and groaned, she was definitely going to be late.