|Chapter Four|

Lianne gulped before her mouth just opened up and words seemed to fly out on their own accord " But that's impossible I am completely human, I can't shift or anything like that, I am not special at all, I am not even particularly good at being a human either so I'm pretty sure you got the wrong person" she was completely flustered by the end of it all and huffing in frustration.

Roman's response was a tightening of his wings around her, he was trying to reassure her but failing completely "I am not wrong Lianne, I could smell your scent very clearly when you woke today and I am positive it's you doll."

Lianne frowned...deeply.

"Don't call me that!" She huffed " in fact, don't even touch me!" She went to stand but Roman held her firmly in place "Don't start this again Lianne" he growled at her. He then stood and stoked the fire before handing her the rabbit which was now cooked and she begrudgingly took it and began nibbling away, silently he layed on his belly onto the green grass beneath him and folded his wing neatly on his back and within seconds he was asleep.

Jackass

Lianne was left alone with her thoughts on the frigid night but at least with a full belly and it was a long while before she finally found rest.

------------------------------

"Okay, here are some important reminders" Roman said as Lianne tried to block him out "This world is called Aquiline and the kingdom is called Azule, your are assumed the daughter of the fire King so please do something with your hair."

Lianne shot daggers at Roman "oh sorry, does my hair offend you?" She said sarcastically, he glanced back long enough to give her an exasperated look.

"We really should start moving faster perhaps if I--" Roman cut himself off as an idea occured to him.

"Would you like to ride me Lianne" Roman abruptly stopped and looked at her, instantly Lianne's entire body felt hot, what the hell did he mean?

"I don't want to ride you Roman, I barely know you, so I don't know who you think you are but please keep it in your pants Roman!"

Roman looked so taken aback it was almost comical, his dark brows furrowed in confusion before he suddenly seemed to connect the dots and then he gave her a wicked grin while his blue green eyes were suddenly dark.

"Oh princess, I wasn't talking about the type of riding you are thinking of" Roman said rather huskily and in a few strides stood right in front of her "but if your nice and say please" he leaned closer till his hot breath fanned at her neck and lianne knew she should back away but she hesitated and Roman sensed it " I might let you go for a ride" he purred as his enormous wings engulfed her and pushed her to him till she was pressed fully into him but just as suddenly lianne came to her senses and wacked his away and strode off.

She didn't look back either just kept walking, she was such an idiot, of course he didn't mean that!

She always did have a problem with keeping her mouth shut, this whole trip had just gotten a whole lot more awkward now, Lianne was stomping away in such a fury she didn't notice Roman hadn't moved till the stupid magic force held her in place.

"Well come one Roman soldier, don't you want to go home" Lianne said from exactly ten feet away and Roman turned around when and only when about fifteen minutes of complete awkward silence had gone by, Roman strode on by her without so much as a second glance but not before muttering "I don't take orders from a halfling"

Was Roman really such an ass that he'd wait for minutes till actually moving so it wouldn't seem like he was following what lianne had said, apparently yes, yes Indeed.