|Chapter Six|

Inside the doors was what lianne supposed was the throne room, enormous windows acted as walls on either side so that the room looked like it was on fire as the morning sun shone through and reflected upon the shiny marble floor, at the end of the room stood a huge golden throne with winged men on either side with their hands on their swords they carried and the king sat on his throne...looking directly at Lianne as she made her way down the aisle which led to the throne, every step echoing loudly in the silence.

On either side of the aisle where railings and she assumed that was where the courts would stand to witness on any other event, the closer lianne got though, the more people she seemed to notice. At first she thought the king and his winged guards were the only ones present but she soon discovered around a hand full of other men hovering around the throne.

Lianne came to stand before the king, he had a weathered, scarr marred face and a crown rested upon his graying hair yet lianne thought he must have been quite regal and handsome at a younger age, but he still held a certain quality to the way he presented himself that had he been wearing tattered clothes one would still know he was important.

His blue eyes glued her to the ground and one brow arched as he assessed her.

"Welcome to Azule, I do hope you will forgive the method in which you arrived" the king said calmly " but I simply could not wait any longer, time is never on the side of a king"

Lianne said nothing only held the kings gaze with her own and held her head up rather deliberately. Suddenly the kings gaze hardened at her unsubmissive posture, ever the tyrants daughter his gaze seemed to say.

" I will only say this once, so listen closely to the story behind all of this" he snapped and lianne visibly flinched.

"Your father ruled this kingdom before me, and you have been discovered as his only living heir, even if you are a halfling" the king spoke sternly but slowly as though explaining to a child " if we find you take after your mother and bare no magic you will become a pet to the courts" lianne unconsciously bared her teeth at the mere words and her blood boiled but the king merely gave her a feral grin " however, if your blood bleeds golden you will face two choices, a political marriage or death"

Lianne's heart clenched but her nostrils flared at the injustice and before she could stop her herself she bared her teeth in a snarl and she wished they were right and she could strangle the life out of the king with magic or something.

"Either way, you will never return to your world, your existence alone threatens my kingdom, and I can not let my enemies daughter wonder freely"

The king then gestured to a guard who walked towards her, lianne immediately stepped away from the guard "Don't fucking touch me!" She shrieked at the guard who snarled in return and king watched in amusement as lianne continued backing away until the guard lunged a one fluid motion and griped lianne by the wrist while she screamed bloody murder as the guard drew a small dagger and sliced it across her palm, and in that moment lianne's entire world shattered at the horrible  truth which unfolded before her.

Dripping onto the the marble floor mockingly was her blood,

Drip

    Drip

         Drip.

Lianne's golden blood dripped and dripped as she fell onto her knees as this become all too real, " no" lianne gasped in disbelief as she stared at her palm furiously and suddenly she was aggressively trying to wipe the blood onto the gown, trying to unsee the truth.

"No, no, no, no" she kept repeating as those present stared in silence as her world cleaved in two as everything she thought she knew about herself shattered.

Her entire body shook and she finally looked up at the king accusingly as she gripped her wrist in a death grip, this is your fault she seemed to say as her golden blood continued to drip onto the perfect marble floor.

"Welcome to Azule princess lianne" the king ground out through clenched teeth, his entire face contorted in fury as a guard led a numb lianne out the throne room.

Lianne didn't look away though, she held the Kings burning gaze with one of her own, she even went as far as to bare her teeth at him as the guard continued to drag her away.

-------------------------------------------