This Is Real Madrid

A\N: Italics are Spanish

Fifteen hours, that's how long it takes to travel from humble Minnesota to Madrid. Fifteen hours of sitting in cramped seats next to a talkative old lady as she bragged about her grandchildren in Spanish. Her reluctant partner in this one-way conversation was the teenage girl beside her. They'd gone on like this for two hours, before and after the woman discovered that her neighbor was fluent in Spanish. The girl would nod and smile most of the time, occasionally interjecting her thoughts when she had the chance. The woman, Ophelia, had ten grandchildren who she had no problem talking about each and every one of them in detail. Yet, the girl didn't huff or sigh she just nodded and listened.
"Cómo se llama (What is your name)?" The woman asked, finally developing an interest in her partner.
"Me llamo Sicily (My name is Sicily)." The girl replied and despite the girl's American roots, Ophelia was amazed with her pronunciation and accent.
"Sicil-?" Ophelia asked, confusion taking form in a furrowed brow.
"Cómo... Italia (Sicily, Italy)." Sicily offered patiently.
"Oh, Sicilia!" Sicily cringed lightly at Ophelia's pronunciation of her name, but never stopped to correct the old woman.
"What brings you to Madrid?" Ophelia asked while munching on one of the cookies that the airline offered.
"I'm spending the summer with my brothers."
"They're Spaniards?" Ophelia asked incredulously, looking the young girl up and down in hopes of proving her theory correct.
"No, they are American like me." Sicily responded and watched as the woman's curiosity deflated exponentially.
"Why are they in Spain?"
"They play for the Real Madrid futbol club."
"Really? My grandsons, Tímon and Miguel, love Real Madrid! Which players are your brothers?" Ophelia asked, animatedly.
"Rio is a sweeper his jersey number is 65 and Cairo is a center midfielder he's number 59." Sicily answered. After another hour Sicily faked being asleep until she finally did drift into a restful nap. She awoke, four hours later, to the flight attendant warning the passengers of their descent and began to clean up her belongings. Ophelia was now in another conversation with a passenger down the aisle. Sicily was grateful and continued to pack her things and then a bout of turbulence hit the plane, scrunching her eyes closed and gripping the seat handle in desperation Sciliy prayed in almost every language she knew to God that she would land safely.
When they touched down Sicily was the last to leave, she even waved goodbye as Ophelia exited the plane. Grabbing her backpack Sicily made her way to the door of the plane. Walking through the many terminals and intricate architecture was hectic, but she managed to find her luggage. Dragging a large travel bag and a military style duffle, the small Wisconsin native trudged through the airport to the collection area. Returnees and people preparing to board their flight littered the concrete area. Taxi drivers were chatting with one another, enjoying a smoke in the warm sun as they did, the smell was enough to make her nauseous so Sicily took short breaths in attempt to fend off the foul odor. After about half-hour later Sicily was getting annoyed. Her ride still hadn't arrived, her bags were heavy and she was beginning to perspire. There were no places to sit and she didn't want to get into one of those smelly cabs. She hadn't learned her brothers' numbers yet so she couldn't call them. Cursing softly Sicily kicked the ground and stood, hip cocked out to the side in a very sassy manner.
"Sicily!" Someone shouted from a large Range Rover a few cars over. She couldn't help but brighten up as she saw her stupid brother hanging out of the car window waving and smiling. Sicily waved back and followed the truck as they looked for an opening a little ways ahead. Parking the car, Sicily watched as her older brother Cairo tore out of the vehicle. His dreads had gotten a little longer since she last saw him and his skin was a bit darker too. In no time she was swooped up in his arms, she could tell he'd bulked up through his rigorous Futbol training in his pictures, but she had no idea he would be so huge. Besides the muscle mass little had changed with her brother he was still as tall as ever and just as dorkish. Sicily was surprised to see him in public without paparazzi or fans, but judging by the fact that he had his hood up in the warm weather told her he wasn't so naive. Rio crawled out of the driver's door wearing shades, a fedora and a colorful scarf. His bronze face donning a gentle smile, "Little sister."
Sicily wore a huge grin on her face as she tried to pry Cairo's beastly arms from around her. Tightly hugging Rio was still as awkward and comforting as usual, she barely reached his stomach even at nineteen. And like always she felt shielded from the world by his great stature.
"I missed you guys so much." Sicily whined into his stomach.
"Me too Si-Lee." Rio returned affectionately.
Brushing a hand through her curly hair Sicily gave him a toothy grin and released him.
"We should go before someone recognizes you."
"Of course Silly!" Cairo shouted before snatching her duffle bag and putting her in a headlock. Rio grabbed her suitcase and Sicily watched her two older brothers place them in the trunk. Eventually she was able to climb (literally) into the backseat of the car, but not before a camera flash went off in the distance. The flash went unnoticed by the three siblings as they pulled out of the pickup lane and went on their way.

A/N: Sorry I had this tucked away somewhere so it's really late. Comment please!
~Witchr Out~