two | stronger

__________

__________

"I want to be strong like you Jung-hye"

"Rima. If you have one thing that is important to you.
You can be strong too"

_________

I went back inside to the staff room as nana-chan went outside. I took a seat at the chair that my boss, Mr.sato offered me as I sulked.

"Even though they were the ones mistaken..they didn't even apologize," I said while. Sato patted my back. "Woah, you poor girl"

The door opened as I saw Nana-chan walking to me and exhaled. "How did it go," Sato said as Nana-chan rolled her eyes.

"First of all, The mere fact that he didn't come alone means it's already out of the question.What is he a girl? And second, Since he's technically a customer, I kinda honey-coated my words. So I firmly rejected him while wearing my famous goddess smile" She said while flipping her hair.

I hugged her. "Thank god. If you had said 'okay' and he started following you around. I wouldn't know what to do" I said while Nana-chan laughed.

╰┈ 🕊❞͙

The next day | cafe

the four musketeers are here again...Asahi and Mashiho were waving nana-san hello as Yoshinori was still a blushing mess. and Haruto, is just Haruto.

"Nanase-neesan! We've been waiting for you" Mashiho as me and nana-chan exchange looks.

I walked over to Sato and whispered, "why are those people here again? didn't nana-chan reject them yesterday"

"They said to get to know him better first and give him another chance. Apparently, They'll be coming over whenever their practice lets out early" Sato said as I nodded.

I gave them drinks as I went outside. I spotted the same girl from yesterday as she watched the kids playing.

I had to do something.

I walked over to the court and squatted down near her. "Hello" I waved at her as she nodded slowly, still watching over the basketball game. "You know, I had a friend once who played basketball and I always watched him over here." She looked over at me.

"Don't you want to play basketball with them? If you'd like, I can ask-" the girl interrupted with a sigh. "I...I'm in the youth basketball like them, so I can't" she said while she got up and walked away. I frowned while I went back to the cafe and took the tray from the outside table.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a sec." I heard a deep voice said. I turned around and saw Haruto standing near the door, he walked up to me as I stepped back a few steps. "what?" i asked. why would he now try being kind to me?

"i'll go properly introduce you to the guys" he said while i looked over to the window and saw the three of them waving at me. i scoffed.
what are they trying to do? use me to be a tool to get nana-chan? if they are, it won't be working on me?

i crosses my arms. "i don't really want to be introduced to them" as he tilts his head to the side. "why not?" he questions as i lowered my head.
"because...this place means a lot to me and it just bothers me that guys like you would always be here." just imagine all their fan girls coming to our cafe. i would rather kill myself than being with their fan girls.

"guys like us?" he asked with an annoyed tone. it sounds like he didn't like what i said. "just because you're in the basketball club, girls are fawning over you and your friends. maybe that's why you're really rude to girls" i sighed, still remembering yesterday when they insulted me harshly. I picked up my tray and hurried to walk inside but haruto caught my wrist.

"Stop it! I don't like being around with shallow people! I don't want you guys here!" i pushed his hand off while walking of to the kitchen.

I decided to clean some dishes as I heard someone coming over.
"What's wrong?" Nana-Chan said. I poured while placing the dishes away.

"I tried talking to the girl who's always outside the basketball court and I must've said too much which could've hurted her" I sighed while she hugged me.

"Don't just blame everything to yourself. Why don't you ask the boys about it? Aren't they in the basketball club? They might help you" she said as I rolled my eyes. As if...

"Now hurry, I'll finish tidying the kitchen" she said while patting my back. I nodded and walked out and saw that the four musketeers weren't where they were but their backpacks were still here.

"You must be wondering where they are. They got a bit tired of studying so they went to take a break over there" Sato said while pointing outside. And not just outside, but the basketball court. I looked over and saw them playing with the kids.

I ran outside and ran quickly to the fence and smiled. "Excuse me!" I yelled while everyone faced me. "Thank you..." I said

"Hm? Rima, you good?" Yoshinori asked as the Asahi and Mashiho smiled.

I looked over and saw the girl who I tried talking, smiling. She waved at me as I slowly waved back.

Tears went down. She did it. No.
They did it.
They helped her.
They were the ones to give her an
opportunity...

╰┈ 🕊❞͙

I sat at the porch, watching the kids and the four boys playing basketball as haruto then sat next to me.

"I was surprised since you were crying" he said while I scratched the back of my neck.

I think I got my emotions too much...
"Oh yeah..Sorry" He chuckled as he looked at me.
"Does it have to do with having this place mean a lot to you?" He asked as I nodded.

"She somehow reminds me of myself a long time ago." I watched the girl from the distance and smiled.

"Back in elementary, When I was alone. I met a girl named Jung-hye in this place which he saved me. Jung-hye was so strong and cool and she always protects me. I always wanted to be like Jung-hye, but I couldn't. So in the end, I wasn't able to do anything for the girl. That's why, thank you." I looked at him and gave him a sincere smile.

"I'm glad you guys are here"