Who Is She?

Happy World Book Day!!!

After Chua Hua's words, the expression of the other two girls changed instantly and turned into contempt. Although
her words sounded like concern from a worried sister, she was simply brandishing her as the white-eyed wolf. The hidden implication of climbing a higher tree and forgetting her roots couldn't be any more obvious.

Bai Yu Yan wanted to roll her eyes and ignore these people. Right now, she had more important things to do than participate in this 'who is a better green-tea-bitch' party. However, she had to make these people cough up every last cent worth everything they had taken from her shop. Today's incident was enough to tell her how the shop's account book was such a disaster. So she had to play along.

Although this body of hers is 18 years old, she was not actually 18. She thought it doesn't suit someone of her age to keep bickering with these kids. For the now-broke her, money comes before these complicated relationships. Or else, how can she do any business?

In a split second, Bai Yu Yan's eyes were already filled with tears, "Chun Hua, how can you say that ah? You don't know how much I miss my family, especially Mother. Since Mother gave me this shop in dowry, it holds special significance to me. I can't be careless. So, I took a trip here to see if it was doing well."

By then, Bai Yu Yan was already choking with emotion. Seeing this, all four people were dumbfounded. What was happening, ah?

The hands that Chun Hua was holding suddenly felt hotter. She couldn't make sense of the situation she had come across. Was this sister of hers acting or actually telling the truth? But if she was really acting then just when did she learn to act like this?

Behind Bai Yu Yan, Xiao Fan was also confused for a moment. But living with this new Miss for a week, she had already gotten used to her acting unusual. She looked at the Second Miss' speechless look and nearly couldn't hold in her laughter. This was her first time seeing her Miss act so cool.

Bai Yu Yan saw Chun Hua unable to react and quickly hit while the enemy was down. She continued, "You do know how much I love my family, don't you? His Excellency and my mother-in-law didn't want me to work hard outside. So they didn't want me to start working in this shop. But even if it's running in loss for years, I know my mother gave it to me with so much love. And since it is so important to me, I'd been busy working day and night to plan on how to let the shop flourish. Now even you are also supporting me by bringing your friends to purchase from my shop. You've no idea how grateful I'm to you, mei mei." Bai Yu Yan's wet eyelashes fluttered at the end.

Chun Hua's face finally showed a crack. If she was in doubt earlier, now she was fully convinced. This Bai Yu Yan was flaunting the love and care she received in her husband's home while stressing the fact that her mother gave her this broken shop. How did she change so much in just a few days? Just a month ago, Bai Yu Yan couldn't reply to her without losing temper and now she has become capable of playing word games with her. She carefully looked at the person in front of her if it was really Bai Yu Yan. 

Bai Yu Yan was wearing a light grey colored plain dress. The top half of her hair was bundled by a simple jade hairpin while the other half flowed like a silk ribbon. She had minimal makeup on her face. Although her dress and accessories were already seen by Chun Hua while they were in Bai manor, before, Yu Yan never wore such plain clothes. She used to wear dark-colored clothes and match with a lot of accessories which made her look older than her age. To encourage this, Madame Bai bought her even more of such things.

Now Yu Yan was like a completely different person. Chun Hua couldn't put her hands to what it was but she was nothing like before. Although she didn't want to admit it, she had never seen her sister look so elegant. The confidence she was exuding was something others could only dream of.

Chun Hua finally reacted. She was suddenly scared of her own thoughts. How could this person be better than her? Bai Yu Yan had always been beneath her. This useless person should never get His Excellency's love.

"Jie, mei mei is relieved to know that you are doing well in Lu house. Father and Mother were really worried when His Excellency went to the south right after your marriage. After all, everyone said he was forced into this marriage by Empress Dowager's arrangement. So we were afraid of you being bullied in the Lu manor. But since you are saying they treat you well, then even if others won't believe you, Chun Hua will believe Jie." 

Bai Yu Yan's marriage was Chun Hua's sore spot. When the news came that the daughter of the Bai family was to wed His Excellency, no one knew how happy Chun Hua was. Even if the Bai family had two daughters, Bai Yu Yan was the useless one without any beauty or talent. While she was carefully groomed by Madame Bai. She was confident that she would be the one. But when the actual imperial order arrived, Bai Yu Yan's name was written on it. She can never forget that day. If there was no Bai Yu Yan, she'd have been His Excellency's wife right now.

Chun Hua's undisguised mock was evident to everyone. Only then did Bai Yu Yan remember that in the novel, Lu Tong Xiao was the object of love of many girls and one of them was none other than this little sister of hers.

Little beauty, that's why you are so bitter ah?