Quarter - 41

"Do you think of me today?"

"Yes."

"And yesterday?"

"I did"

Su Inn hugged Joy from behind, buried his face in her nape. He can smell a nice scent from her hair. Not sure what kind of scent it is. He just like it.

"I think of you every day." He paused for a moment and tighten his hug.

They were in silence for a long time. Enjoyed the tranquillity that surrounds them before Joy whispered to him.

"Oppa.."

He tilted his head a little as an answer.

"Your value is not set by others, but by yourself."

She whirled facing him.

"So what, if your apartment is small. I still live in my dorm with my members. Besides, your place is warm with your family's love."

"And you are not a random model oppa. Watch your mouth." She flicked Su Inn's forehead. Made him howled in pain.

"Yah!" He rubbed his forehead in shock. "What was that for?"

"For calling yourself a random model." She said, faking an offended tone. "You are a hardworker one. Got it?," she goes on with a wink and sipping her second box of soju.

Heat radiated spread through Su Inn cheeks.  He doesn't think he had encountered any girls that were genuine with him before like Joy. He drank his beer in a hurry. Tried to get rid of his nervousness.

"Actually, oppa.."

"Huh?"

"I met Sungja Oppa before I came here."

"What? Where?"

"At the airport."

Su Inn looked her closely.

"Why?" Su Inn slicked some hair strands behind her ear. "You look sad."

"Hmm, kind of." She looked away outside the window. Locked her eyes to the lights she loves before sipping her soju again. "I yelled at him and said nasty things in front of a lot of people. But suprisingly I ended up getting hurt by my own words."

He crunched his eyebrow.

"Because you still like him?"

"No. It's because I actually know how to live our life as an idol and somehow I understand his situation."

"Yahh." He rubbed his hand together then swept them on his pants. "I am starting to get jealous of history between you two."

She chuckled.

"You don't have to anymore, since I think it's truly over."

Joy smiled.

'Yeah, it's truly over, huh?

She enjoyed the raindrops that began to fall on the window. It made soft tick sounds and leaves romantic traces of water on the glass when Su Inn called her name.

"Joiya,"

"Hmm?"

"When I read those comments, I felt like I was in your shoes and found out myself being blasphemed by people. At that time I thought about you a lot rather than my own self."

Su Inn gripped Joy's hands in his big, warm hands.

"Mianhae, oppa, that the ugliness of idol world is coming to you." Her voice sounds all mellow and sad.

He embraced her in his arm and smoothly patted her back. Gently, he said, "It's okay. I am going to be okay."

(Sounds on)

Su Inn kept patting her back while a very subtle song came from his phone. Filled the corner of his room which was lit by the dim of city lights. Give some space for the time they have. No one knows what will happen tomorrow, but they know one thing; their moment now is precious.

Slowly, he could hear Joy's humming.

"Sul hanjan haeyo
Nalssiga ssalssalhanikka.."

He pushed her gently to have a good look on her face. She smiled and raised her soju while kept humming.

"Ttakkeunttakkeun gungmure soju hanjan eottaeyo.. Wah oppa, I don't know that you like this kind of song." Her face looks all puffy from crying too much. "You have TOY's song earlier. That's the most popular song and it's often chosen among SM trainees."

"Which one?"

"The song I accidentally played on your phone. Earlier, when we kis—"

Joy stopped her words, the scene when Su Inn kissed her back into her head. Made a warmth feeling swelled her up. "Dwae-sso!" She said briefly. Tried to change the subject then sip some last drops of her soju.

'Crap!'

She squeezed her soju's box and cursed herself continually in her heart. Su Inn chuckled seeing her went all nervous. She glared at him and cleared her throat.

"Geunde oppa, why you deleted the picture?"

"Hmm? Anieyo." He took his phone and busy on it. Later he showed Joy a picture he uploaded before. "I archieved it."

"Take it back to your feed."

"Why? Those people might attacked you lat—"

"Take it back." She cut him off. "It doesn't matter if someone hate me. I get used to it."

"But, Joiya.."

"Let them talk as they wish. I know our relationship won't be easy. But I'll stay with you." Joy reached his hand and brushed her face softly on it. She hit a light hiccup before speaking.

"Oppa, I love drinking with you. Neomu joha!" She chuckled. "Maybe it'd be so easy if drinking was the way to resolve things. Don't you think?"

She sat upright facing Su Inn's face.

"If drinking could make our relationship easier, I'll gladly become an alcoholic."

"Joy, you drunk?" Su Inn brushed both side of her face softly with his big palm.

"Oppa.."

"Hmm?"

"Whoever hurts you won't live to tell the tale." Joy pull Su Inn's hand. Made him hug her and whispered. "So please, don't be in pain anymore uri Moon Su Inn.."

*****

Note:
Not proof reading yet. Sorry for the typos or stiff flow. Gonna make it better later.

Enjoy the story!

*kisses ❤️✨