Chapter 4

|After school|

Hajime stood as the bell rung, grabbing his bag. He was glad he was finally able to get out of that hell hole. 

While walking home, he heard familiar footsteps trail behind him. "Awwe Hajime! Were you trying to leave without me? I didn't know i was that annoying!" Hajime sighed. "No, Komaeda.. I guess i just forgot about you. I'm really tired and I just need some rest." Nagito huffed. "Oh. Well, are you going to that guy Rantaro's party?" Hajime nodded. "I guess. I just wanna sit and relax for a bit, mkay?" Nagito nodded. "Hey, Hajime?" Hajime tilted his head toward Nagito. "Hm?" Nagito glanced at the ground, gripping his bag strap tightly. "Ah... Nevermind... Um... I'm gonna go hang with Kaz and the gang." Hajime raised a brow. "Don't you think that's a little dangerous?" Hajime asked. Nagito just scoffed. "Oh Hajime. I've avoided cops finding out about me, i think I can avoid a few half-brained college kids finding out about me." Hajime laughed. "Hey, those are my friends you're talking about!" Nagito smiled. "Alright, act like what I said wasn't true." Hajime laughed a bit and waved. "See you tonight, Nagito." Nagito turned and started walking. "See ya, Hajime."

While walking, Nagito smacked himself in the face. "Ugh! Stupid! Why would you even think Hajime felt like that...?" Nagito let out a shuddery breath as he kept walking. It was true. The big bad wanted criminal had fallen for a simple school boy in college. Sure, Nagito had caught an eye for a few people back in school, but the way he felt for Hajime seemed different. The boy had let Nagito stay with him, even when Nagito had killed his fucking sister. Especially after Kaz had explained how close they were. Nagito genuinely felt guilty. He cared for Hajime, yet he didn't know how to help with this. Apologizing wasn't really something he was fond of. Hajime had a lot of patience, that, Nagito was grateful for. Nagito always had a problem with being patient. That's what caused most of his killings. Nagito had lost so much patience with people, that he ended up becoming too angry and.... The authorities thought Nagito's murders were extremely skilled, which meant the killer behind them had to be skilled and older. Which was why it surprised everyone when Nagito was caught. 

While lost in thought, Nagito heard some familiar voices. Stepping behind a wall, Nagito listened. "Whoo! Gee, who woulda thought a kid our age could do things like that?" It was Kazuichi. "Yeah.. And here's his picture." Nagito didn't know that voice. It must've been from a student in class 3 or 1. "Gee, he looks familiar.." Kaz said. Nagito leaned over the corner and looked at the scene. The kid talking to Kaz sure looked familiar. Then, it came to Nagito. He was from class three. He was about 5'9, he had pale almost sickly skin. His hair was a dark navy blue, a large chunk of it falling in the middle of his face. His eyes were a dull yellow, almost grey, with long feminine eyelashes. His body was slim while wearing dark clothes, making him look like if slenderman were short, human, and went to college. He was wearing a black oversized hoodie with black pants. But, that's not why Nagito recognized him. He was Shuichi Saihara. A famous young detective known through most parts of Tokyo. Nagito didn't like him all that much. He actually got called out for one of Nagito's cases. Though he didn't crack open the case, he did give authorities rather large clues to solving the case. 

Huffing, Nagito stepped out from behind the wall and walked over to Kaz and Shuichi. "Hey! Kaz and... Shuichi, right?" Shuichi nodded and Kaz turned. "Oh hey Nagito! Have you heard this? The morning before you came here, an insane murderer escaped the asylum just out of town! Apparently, he could be anywhere. And, wanna know the scary part? He's the guy who killed Chiaki." Nagito frowned. Looking at the picture shown, that was clearly him. Nagito turned to Shuichi. "Gee, scary shit, huh? Weren't you called to one of his cases?" Shuichi nodded. "U-Uhm.. Yeah.. I've been told I was a key component to solving it, but I don't think so..." Nagito smiled and placed a hand on Shuichi's back. "Ah, c'mon! Don't say that! Dontcha think being called out to try to solve a mystery that's been unsolvable for, like, ever quite the achievement?" Shuichi turned a bit red at the sudden praise. "U-Uhm... Yeah... I guess..." Shuichi just looked down, messing with the hem on his shirt. They sat there in a peaceful quiet for a minute until Shuichi's name started to be called. "O-Oh.. That's my ride, I guess... Bye Kaz, Nagito.. See you at the party?" Kaz nodded and Nagito waved as Shuichi left. Nagito sighed. "Well... Hajime must be done getting ready... I gotta go. See ya, Kaz!" Kazuichi waved as Nagito left.

Upon arriving, Nagito stopped at Hajime's doorstep. Frowning, Nagito stared at the ground.

I'm gonna have you

No. Matter. What.

Nagito huffed and shook his head. "Enough of that!" He said happily and walked into the home. "Honey, I'm home!" He called, setting his bookbag on the rack and taking off his shoes. "I'm not your wife, asshole." Hajime called from his room. "Are you ready for the party?" Hajime stepped out, shrugging. "I dunno. Am i?" Hajime smiled. He wore a grey sweater with a black scarf draped lazily on his neck with a white shirt on under it with a circle that had an x in it. He also wore black cargo/capris with black hightops. He also wore a black beanie. Nagito smiled. "You look emo." Hajime grabbed his bag off the hook, grinning. "I knew you'd like it." Nagito scoffed. "I don't know why you have to get dressed up. You know everyone there." Hajime shrugged. "Why not?" Nagito just rolled his eyes. "Whatever." Then, Hajime opened the door. "I'll wait for you in the car." Nagito nodded and he went out. 

He's mine.

I won't let anyone but me take him.

{1035 words. YAYYYYYYYYY New chapters- sorry i didn't post yesterday. i got busy. anyway, enjoy this lil thing i whipped up lmao}