10

The birds chirping outside sound so peaceful. The world was still asleep in the early hues of morning. Having a bad hangover in the peak of the morning I crawled out of my bed towards the bathroom to puke and then back to bed.

I swear to god I'll never drink this much ever again. My head is hurting like hell and my stomach feels like shit. Still groggy with last night's events I lay on the bed with half-opened eyes. 

Whatever happened between me and Nick last night was still very disturbing. The way he said that I'll face consequences, sent chills through my body. I was intoxicated and my mind was all fuzzed up but his words still ring bells every time I remember them. Did I worsen up things for my family or was he just-

Trying to ignore everything I sat up from my sleeping position. A sharp pain crossed my forehead. I gotta take some hangover pills for sure.

I got myself ready for the day and wore some comfortable clothes. I bade mom and Edward goodbye and called up Zack while tying my shoelaces.

Zack
Hey! I'm outside.

Emily
Alright.

I cut the call and walked out of the door.  I saw a cheerful Zack waving at me, I waved back at him with a forced smile. He saw my gloomy face and that cheerful smile dropped from his face. The moment I was near him, he started to question.

"Something wrong, what's with that gloomy face?" He asked with his face full of concern.

"Nothing," I said shaking my head from left to right.

"Are you sure?" He asked not believing me. I nodded my head and we got inside the car. We drove towards the school. The parking lot was full today though it was not hard for him to find a space.

He's the great Zack Wilson, the Mr. Popular, space is reserved for his Lamborghini. I sourly chuckled as the students cleared of his parking space when they saw his car.

This is how life is right. Only those who are rich and powerful get whatever they want. We are the ones who have suffered all the way. This is so unfair, but who am I to complain.

We entered the campus and as usual, the students started whispering. I was used to it by now. We parted our ways, I made my way towards the literature classroom. I sat at the back of the room and no sooner did the teacher enter. She told us to take out our textbooks and start reading. I took out my phone and started scrolling through my Instagram.

After some time it got boring so I opened my gallery. It was full of pictures with my family and Zack also with some of my friends. I clicked at a particular picture that was my favorite. It was a wedding picture of my mom and dad. They looked so happy with big smiles etched on their faces. My mom with her moon-face and apple cheeks looked so pretty and lively. My dad on the other hand looked tall and young with a handsome face. They looked so much in love. Tears started streaming down my cheeks.

The bell rang and it was time to move out of the class. I walked towards my locker to get my books for the next period. The moment I opened it a piece of paper fell out. On the paper, with red ink, it was written-

"It's time"

I was about to throw it away when my phone started ringing. I picked up the call and it was some emergency operator. After hearing the news my heart dropped. I called up Zack and asked him to meet me in the parking lot.

I took my bag and dashed outside, on my way I was stopped by a teacher. I told her about my situation and she let me off. I saw Zack near his car scrolling through his phone. I went towards him and he grabbed my hands