2-Found

Sorry I've been meaning to edit but things kept coming up. Your probably wondering how since it quarantine but its called online school and my parents keep bugging me to not be on my phone so, or I've had to do something. I'm editing this now so yay!

At this point I was positive our history teacher had given up. She had let us sit wherever and she gave us very little work just so we were technically learning something but at this point she was just grading for completion. 

I sat with MJ. Both of us always finished the work quickly so we could do whatever for that class. So we worked on homework for other classes, read, drew or talked. 

These past two weeks have been amazing. It was so nice to have friends and people who cared. We all ate lunch together everyday and some days we would hang out after school.

Peter had managed to get a detention for being late again. So MJ convinced me to go with her to detention to sketch people in crisis and annoy Peter.

Today when we sat down at lunch Peter was complaining and moping about having detention.

"I'm not always late." Peter's face was on the table.

"You kinda are." Ned poked him and Peter lifted his face slightly to glare at him in return.

The conversation soon turned to Peter's internship at SI. More specifically what they were working on and how Mister Stark and Peter almost blew up the lab yesterday. Ned was soaking in the details and asking questions about the project. MJ was reading, half listinging to the conversation, and I was just sketching the scene around me.

(Time Skip)

"Hey loser. Ready to go" MJ seemed to materialize right as I closed my locker making me jump.

"Yep." I slung my backpack over my shoulder and followed her to the detention room.

Peter was there looking dejected, and was zoned out was staring right in front of him. MJ walked behind him to the other side and sat down. Peter turned to her, not noticing me.

"Oh hi MJ, are you here to sketch me in crisis again?"

"Yep and I brought Leona this time" I sat down on the other side of Peter and he turned to me in shock.

"You too?"

"Yep sorry Peter." A smile on my face

"You're not really sorry, are you?"

"Nope"

Peter groaned and face planted on the desk.  I laughed in response and MJ smirked.

MJ and I sketched the entire time well listing to the stupid Captain America PSA. At this point it was just funny to watch. It was so pointless. Why did they think anyone would take it seriously? 

When detention ended Peter left quickly saying bye and that would text us later. He all but ran out. MJ and I just walked out, unlike Peter, while comparing sketches.

I said bye to MJ and went home to my apartment. Since it was friday I didn't have to do any homework right away so I just dropped off my backpack and went to the park. I brought my art supplies, notebook and a few other things I might need in my messenger bag so I could draw and not be board.

I stayed in the park for most of the day just drawing and reading and then went to get some food at a small restaurant before heading home. The route I took was somewhat quieter and emptier than the normal city traffic and noise.

I was passing an alleyway when I suddenly was pulled from my path with a hand over my mouth and the cool metal of a gun pressed to the side of my head.

"Oh look who we finally found." My blooded chilled as the man spoke.

It was only me and this man so I would have to fight my way out. I couldn't call for help even if I wanted to no one was really around and I doubt they could help. It would probably make the situation worse if I did, I could get shot or someone else could. So I would need to get the gun for starters.

"It's not very nice to hold someone hostage." Spider man quipped as he swung in to the alleyway, landing in front of us.

With the split second that the man was distracted I grabbed the gun pushing it just far enough away from my head before elbowing him as hard as I could. I pulled the gun from his hand in the second he doubled over in pain. I ripped the gun out of his hand turning it on to him. When he saw that I had the gun pointed at him he paused not making a move. With the gun still pointed at him I turned on the safety. I held out the gun to spider man who was in shock of me managing to escape the mans grasp on my own. That's probably not something he runs into often.

"Thanks miss." You could hear the shock in his voice as he webbed the gun towards him.

In that moment the man ran at me but I just dodged his punch. With the amount of momentum he had I was able to hit him in the back of his head causing him to lose his balance. He hit the pavement knocking himself out. Spider man only took a second before quickly webbing him up as well as the gun.

He turned to me when he finished.

"Are you ok?" Concerned was laced in his voice.

"Yah I'm fine, thank you!" I tried to reassure him.

"You sure" He obviously didn't believe me.

"I'm sure." He sighed at my response but left it alone.

"Have a good night."

"You too" I called after him as he reluctantly swung away.

The calm demeanor I had crumbled the second he was out of eyesight. A quiet sob escaping my lips.

As I was walking home I struggled to keep myself together. Tears started to stain my face as I kept my head down so not to draw attention. More sobs escaped as I neered my apartment.

As I was unlocking my door I struggled to control my breathing. I shut the door behind me letting my bag fall to the floor with a thump. Stumbling to my bed I collapsed into the mattress, curling up into my self. I didn't even have the energy to get under the blankets.

At this point I was shaking and sobbing. I could barely control my breathing which was coming in ragged breaths. They were coming after me again. I was terrified. I struggled to control my breathing as I tried to curl my self even smaller. I ended up crying myself to sleep.

Oh look at that, bad things are happening already and it's only the second chapter. I literally just came up with the chapter title and now I'm proud of myself and the double meaning. If anyone gets bolth reasons the chapter named that please tell me.

Anyway I ment to get this chapter out yesterday but I got distracted so sorry. Though the highlight of yesterday was going to my friends house and sitting in the driveway still social distancing, but at least it was some social interaction.

I also fell asleep and woke up at 2 in the morning almost 3 but now its 4 in the morning so. I also have school work today and I'm not happy about it.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter.
Bye!
-Violet