CHAPTER EIGHT

-AMIKO'S POV-

"Nana, me and Nia are going to the store for something to cook." I told my grandma. She nodded and we walked out the house.

"Has your dad called?" Nia asked and I looked at her. It was weird how she brought it up but she always did but it was rare and it was always out the blue.

"Nope." I said dryly.

She nodded before grabbing my hand as we walked to the store. As were walking, a truck pulled up before rolling down its window. We quickly stopped in our tracks.

"Which one of y'all name is Amiko Garcia?" The boy asked and I looked at Nia. The fact that this unknown boy was asking for me made me wonder why. I didn't even know him but he knew me.

"Um, I don't know. You talking to the wrong people." Nia spoke and I stared at her before looking at the unknown boy.

"Yeah, you talking to the wrong people." I agreed and he stared at us a while longer like he knew we was lying. He let his window up before pulling off. Me and Nia looked at each other with fear clearly seen on our eyes.

"You know him?" Nia questioned and I shook my head.

"No. Never seen him ever. Why is he asking for me?" I asked and Nia shrugged.

"I don't know. But if I'm not with you, watch your back at all times because that was weird." Nia said and I nodded as we walked in the neighborhood market.

Me and Nia grabbed everything to cook before I saw a man in black on one aisle. He was reading something but I knew it was all fake. By the looks of him, he looks like he was undercover and once he noticed me watching him, he quickly walked away.

As Nia was looking at all the cold food, I called after her but she wasn't even paying attention. I watched as a different man in black walked inside. Where was they coming from and why?

"Nia!" I shouted and she turned around before following my eyes.

"What the fuck." She mumbled. "Come on. Let's hurry and make it to your house." She said and i nodded as I pushed the buggy to the clerk and I put all my things up and she ranged them.

I payed for the food making sure I didn't use Benji's 20. I was going to give it back next time I saw him. The lady bagged up everything and put them in the buggy. She handed me my receipt and we grabbed the the bags out before walking out the electric doors.

Looking around, from the corner of my eye, I seen one of them. Me and Nia picked up our pace as we walked back to my house. As soon as we touched down, I slumped on the couch before letting out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

This shit was honestly scary. I don't be around nobody dangerous so who would want me? I don't do any harm to anybody nor do I be in peoples business. Everyday, I go to work or come home to take care of my Nana.

-BENJI'S POV-

I zipped up my pants before mushing the broad head away. I grabbed my ringing phone off the dresser and walked out the motel room before jogging down the stairs.

"Are you gonna call me!" She shouted from the rail and I ignored. I got inside my truck before answering my phone.

"What nigga?" I asked.

"You was getting some head wasn't you." Brandon said and I knew he had this grin on his face. I chuckled. This nigga was always in my business.

"Man what the fuck you want?" I asked.

"I was calling to tell you we got a hold of Daniel." Brandon said.

"Ight, here i come." I said as I pulled out the motel parking lot and pulled off to the warehouse were me and Brandon's business took place.

After the 15 minute drive, I pulled up, hearing my tires roll on the dirt and rocks. I got out before walking to the door. The guards gave me a head nod and I walked inside to see everybody working.

Walking to the very back of the warehouse, more guards gave me a head nod and I walked out. Now I was back outside.

I seen Brandon and our homie Polo. I dapped him up before my eyes landed on Daniel as he was hung up with blood dripping from him.

"Damn what y'all do?" I asked and Brandon looked at Polo.

"Took his teeth out his mouth." Polo shrugged and I shook my head as i palmed my face.

"Now how he gone talk?" I asked and Brandon smacked his lips.

"Oh he gon talk alright. He still got his tongue." Polo said and I shook my head again as I took my Glock 17 out my waist before walking to Daniel.

I tapped his head with my gun and he slowly lifted his head.

"Why you ain't tell them what we needed to know?" I asked and Daniel turned his head before spitting out blood.

"Man i told y'all I don't know nothing." He said and i stared at him. I knew this nigga was lying. It was written all over his face and you would think when you getting all your teeth taken out you'll spit what we need out.

"Look Daniel, I don't have time for the lying. Let me know and I'll let you go." I lied but you couldn't see it.

"Word?" He asked and i nodded with a straight face. Brandon and Polo started laughing behind me which made me turn around and smirk. Bringing my attention back to Daniel, my face was back straight like I didn't just smirk.

"Man Ight. Rosco hiding out in Texas with his brother. They don't come back until they think everything is clear." Daniel said.

"And when is that?" I asked and Daniel sighed.

"In like two months or more." He said and i nodded.

"Ight Charlie let him down." I said to the guard and he walked over before untying the ropes and Daniel fell to the ground.

Daniel got up before walking away but I couldn't let him go that easily. I knew he wasn't gonna do nothing but tell Rosco I had him and that wasn't gonna do nothing but mess up my plan and I didn't need the fuck ups.

Raising my gun up, I shot Daniel right in the back of the head and I watched his body drop.

"He thought his ass was safe." Polo laughed.

"Nah he thought his ass was gone be able to go back to Rosco. I thinks not buddy." Brandon said as he kicked his foot. I shook my head at the two before walking through the warehouse and getting inside my truck and pulling off to go home.