chapter Four: what comes next?

Zane P.O.V

We all watched as the sun set, and as Aphmau and Aaron drove off together. I watched as Celestia barked and made a fuss in the back. Everyone was laughing and cheering they were so happy for them. I was too. I looked over at Kawaii~Chan. She seemed lost, this is what she wanted but at the same time it isn't. Garroth start to walk over to me "hey baby bro!" he said excitedly "this was awesome! I'm so happy they finally tied the knot" "yeah I am too!" I said, Garroth continue "so... ah- a couple of us we're going to head down to the bar but the girl said for us to clean up". Oh I know where exactly this is going. I said to myself. "And I know you came here by yourself, in your own car. So I thought you could maybe cover for us, please"? I looked at him with a beaming stare. He looks at me with puppy dog eyes, he knows I can't resist that. I side in agony "okay, fine I'll cover for you". Garroth jumped up "you're so awesome Zane thank you!" I side once more "no problem"

Kawaii~Chan P.O.V

All the girls started to talk about the wedding and how it was. I enjoyed it too... but not as much as I thought it would? I don't know. I looked over and saw garroth hugging Zane then garroth walking away and getting into his car with the other guys. I wonder what's that about? I act myself "Kawaii~Chan, come on!" Kaitlyn shouted "it's time to go! The guys are staying behind to clean up so don't worry". "okay" I answered, it didn't look like that to me. It look like they're going to make Zane doing all by himself. I run over to the car "hey girls, I think I'm going to stay back for a little bit" I said. Kim looked at me "are you sure? I can still take you home if you want" I looked at her and nodded "yeah, I'm sure don't worry about me. I'll just call a cab". The girls looked at me confused but didn't question my decision. I watched as the girls drove off, after a minute or two. I saw the guys do the same. I guess they didn't want the girls to catch them. I looked over and saw Zane heading inside so I followed.

Zane P.O.V

I headed back inside to see how much damage was actually cost. It's not like I really had to do anything. This building was already old. After a few minutes. I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw a kawaii~Chan "what are you doing here" I asked "I didn't want you to clean up this mess by yourself. That would be unfair. She said, I looked at the window. It was getting darker by every passing second "well, we better hurry up it's getting really late"

Kawaii~Chan P.O.V

An hour had pass and it has gotten really dark. Me and Zane decided to put the work in half. I would clean one part the room and he will clean the other so we barely got a chance to talk. There was only one more things to do here off the snack table and take the rest home. I started to walk over to the table, checking my phone for any messages. I checked the weather and it said it was going to rain tonight around 8:30. It was 8:05. I reached the table Zane already starting to clean "hay Zane" I said "yeah" he answered "we better hurry up the weather says going to rain soon." "Oh! Well you better work faster" he said

Zane P.O.V

We started to work a little faster. I looked up and saw Kawaii~Chan in golfing yourself in cupcakes frosting getting everywhere. I started to chuckle she looked at me "what's so funny?" She said with frosting all over her face. I pointed at her. She looked at herself and immediately got embarrassed. She grabbed a napkin and wipe herself off "you know we could have just took some home with us right"? I said she looked at me with a mad face "oh come on Zane, you know you would have did the same thing if you were alone". I chuckled again "yeah you're probably right" I looked at her, she was smiling. This is the first time I've seen her smile in a while. All the smile she put on tonight seem so fake but this one was real. That made me wonder why was she like that? "Hey Kawaii~Chan" I said curiously "are you okay"? "What why wouldn't I be" she said still holding that smile. "Well... You seem off tonight, I mean, Aphmau and Aaron was getting married and you plant the wedding. You didn't seem as happy as I thought you would be?" She looked at me then back at the table she started to twiddle her fingers "hey Zane" she said "do you think I'm a terrible person"? What no, why would you think that" I am immediately answered. "Because you're right, I wasn't as happy as I thought I would be. I don't know if it was because I was jealous or something else. Aphmau and Aaron can start a family now they're on their honeymoon." She pause for a second. "Katelyn and Travis has been thinking about moving in. That would mean Kaitlyn would move out or I find a new place to live. Gorath and Kim has been really close. And I didn't even know Lucinda and Lawrence were dating until recently. It seems like everyone's moving on with their life except for me. I guess I feel left out. Like a train has took an off but left Kawaii~Chan at the station. And I don't know when it's coming back". I look at Kawaii~Chan, she was going to tear up. There was dead silence again "hey Zane" she said "what comes next?" "What?". I answered "I don't know... no one really knows. But there's one thing I do know that you're not at that station alone". She looked at me. "I'm staying there too. We might not know when the train comes back around but, I know it will. Even if it takes a hundred years. being a whole different person in the whole different place or being the same person and finding someone you least expect it. It will happen the train will come back. it just takes time and I promise. I'll wait there until you get on". She looked at me her eyes shined as the moon rise. She started to giggle "I-I never realized how fun it is to talk... talking, that's how you know a person. That's how you get to know your future husband. The person you talk to". The conversation ended there. We wrap up little bits of stuff that was left and then head out. It was 9:05 when we finish. The rain starts to git heavy. I watch as Kawaii~Chan Stand in the Rain. Looking down at her feet Letting rain cover her head. I walked over to my car. I look back at Kawaii~Chan once more. I open my car door then shouting "hey! if you have no way home I can drive you home". She lifts her head and walked over. She didn't say a word. She looked up at me and smiled. I started blushing again. We then got in the car and drove off. The day was over there was nothing else you could do but go home...