Chapter Thirty-Nine

After Ellie spoke with her dad and Luca checked in with Shen, we all ended up going down to my dad's office, where he had Fabian coding the tracking program.

"No hits on her tracker, yet," Fabian informed.

"I don't like that we are going at this blind," my dad ran his fingers through his hair as he paced back and forth.

"I don't want to interrupt dad, but has anyone seen Milosh?" We all looked over to GiGi as she sat, spinning around in our dad's desk chair.

"Luca, call Milosh! Fabian, see if you can get any hits on his tracker." my dad commanded as he scratched his chin.

"His phone is off!" The worry in Luca's voice was becoming more prevalent with each word.

"No hits on his tracker or phone," Fabian said, his eyes remaining glue on the computer.

-

We have all been up now for seven hours. Lincoln has been asleep for ten, and I knew when he came to, a missing Alaiyah and a wicked hangover was going to cause a fucking explosion.

"What are we gonna tell him." GiGi's words broke the silence of the past hour.

"We shouldn't have to tell him anything," Shen scuffed, mad as hell at the fact that Lincoln, choking her started this mess. No one blamed him, though.

"We will just have to rationalize with him that she may have just run away. There are no hits on her tracker, so that is the most likely situation.

"What situation?" A groggy, hungover Lincoln asked as he walked through the office door.

The room fell quiet, everyone's eyes, daring each other to tell him.

"Well, son..." My father started to stay as he took off his glasses.

"Well, you see-" he just couldn't find the right words to tell Lincoln what was going on.

"Guys, spit it out! What happened last night?!" The rage in Lincoln was already starting to show.

"Lincoln, come sit," My dad's hand, offering him the chairs in from of the desk.

"My god!" Gianna yelled, fed up with the bullshit in the air.

"Gi don't-" I was too late.

"Alaiyah-may-or-may-not-be-missing-or-may-or-may-not-have-ran-away." she let out in a single breath before gasping for more air.

"Come on, you guys, I know I was shitfaced last night, and I am sorry for that, but this joke isn't funny," Lincoln said, smiling.

"It's not a joke," Shen's voice, still bitter as fuck at Lincoln.

Lincoln's face suddenly grew dangerous and cold; Mafia leader Lincoln has come out to play.

"Well, why the fuck are you all sitting around? FIND HER!" the rath in his voice was enough to knock down the brick house in The Three Little Pigs.

"What the FUCK do you think we have been doing since two this morning while your ass has been fast asleep, Einstien?!" Shen screamed; he was over Lincoln's attitude.

"Just go drink some more and stop pretending like you give a shit about my kid." Shen hissed.

"I do care about her, and she is NOT YOUR KID!" Lincoln hissed back at him.

"Really? That's why you choked her out, got drunk, and let her get taken!?" Shen was now head to head with a hungover mafia boss; the outcome was not going to be good.

"I have had it up to here with your privileged pity fest. Now I suggest you get that fake ass temper in check and help us!... And go take a fucking shower, you smell like vomit and piss!" Shen went off, poking Lincoln in the chest, harder with each word.

I was pleasantly amused at the sight of someone putting Lincoln in his place, a thing that not even my dad could manage.

Thinking of it, I could see why Shen calls Alaiyah HIS daughter. He raised a mini Monster Shen. I giggled to myself.

Right as Lincoln was about to walk out of the room, like a dog with its tail between its legs, the room erupted with an emergency sound, alerting to us all that Alaiyah, was in fact, in trouble.

Lincoln ran over to the couch where Fabian was sitting and pushed him out of the way.

-

FlashBack; An Hour Earlier-Somewhere in West Bumblefuck

Alaiyah:

"That food was so good. Why didn't mom ever let us eat here before" I cried out in satisfaction.

"Because it is not healthy for you!" Arturo laughed out.

We joked a little while longer before Arturo pointed something out.

"Hey Alaiyah, I am going to have Milosh take Kam and Shen to the hotel. I called for another car because I have to talk to you." Just then, I looked out the window and saw a blacked-out SUV sitting right next to us.

"Okay, who is driving that one?" I asked, not thinking anything of it.

"Milo did," Arturo said absentmindedly as he typed away on his phone.

"Grrreat," I said, sarcastically rolling my eyes.

I don't care how long I am away from Milo; it will always be too soon when I see him.

"Alaiyah, stop," Arturo warned, looking up from his phone.

"Oh, and here; I brought you a jacket, some sneakers, and some pants. Put them on; it's cold out." Art said, handing me a back bookbag.

"Okay, Dad," I joked as I took the bag from him

I quickly undid the zipper and pulled out a pair of black pants. I quickly took off my heels and shimmied my way into the pants, the best I could, given I was in the back seat of a car with two other people. Next, I took out the shoes but was confused.

"What, no socks?" I asked in a serious tone.

"Fuck! I forgot them, I'm sorry," Art said, looking back at me from the passenger's seat.

"Come on, man! You know I can't wear shoes without them!" I whined.

"Do you want mine, then?" Art huffed at the immaturity I was lowering myself too.

"Yes!" I screamed.

Art quickly took off his shoes and gave me his socks. I put them on my feet, along with the shoes. Finally, I grabbed the jacket out of the bag and put my arms in before zipping it up and pulling out my long hair. Instinctively, I put my hands in the pockets, and that is when I felt something graze against my hand. I took the object out of my pocket, and when I saw what it was, I knew something wasn't right.

* Vote! Comment! Review! Follow! *