[1]

The walk from the moving truck to my new home in Forks made me pause and examine the area. We had lovely trees in our yard and our house was a pale blue colour with windows framed by white shutters—which contrasted to the wooden front door nicely. The house was by no means large, but it would fit my father and I comfortably.

"Welcome home," my father grinned as he walked past me whilst carrying a large box.

I smiled with optimism and continued to make my way inside, carrying my own armful of items—mostly books though.

The inside seemed to match the outside well. It was quite clean looking, yet had a cozy vibe. One of my favourite parts thus far was the exposed brick fireplace in the common area.

"You sure know how to pick a house dad." I say as I set the load I was carrying on the bottom of the stairs.

I heard him laugh slightly, "we have Charlie to thank for this."

I nodded with a smile. Charlie Swan and my dad grew up together and when my dad wanted a fresh start, he decided to return with me to Forks. When he made this decision, he immediately reached out to Charlie and so the two of them schemed until everything was settled.

I continued to look around and eventually made my way upstairs. My dad had already been in one of the rooms situating his bed.

There was only one other bedroom so I ventured a guess that it was mine. I walked in and immediately a grin came upon my face.

The bedroom had a window sill with a deep red cushion on it meant for sitting. The window itself was huge and had a great view of the trees. I had decided right then and there that it was to be my reading nook.

My closet was not very spacious but I knew I could make it work. One wall had exposed brick and I knew I would place the head of my bed on it.

"How do you like your room?" My dad asked as he leaned against the door frame.

"Mm closets small." I joked followed by a laugh, "but I'll make do."

He grinned and nodded, "I'll leave you be to unpack and make it your own. Movers have brought everything in so you'll just have to grab your items from downstairs."

I nodded and thanked my dad.

The rest of the afternoon, I had done exactly what my dad suggested and by 4 o'clock, I had my entire room situated.

I decided to head downstairs and help my dad with the kitchen when I heard a knock at the door.

My dad opened it as I was coming downstairs and there stood Charlie Swan with a couple of brown take-out bags and a pack of beer.

Both men shouted their greetings and Charlie followed my dad into the kitchen with me trailing behind them.

"Welcome back to Forks Dave!" Charlie spoke then turned to me, "wow Eleanor, you certainly have grown a lot since I saw you last." I grinned and gave Charlie a hug.

The last time I saw my godfather was four summers ago, when he finally took some time off and visited us in Oklahoma.

"You know, my daughter, Bella is coming back to Forks too. She'll only be here next Sunday though." I nodded and smiled at the information.

Bella was always kind to me from what I can remember, but it had been many, many years since I laid my eyes on the girl. Hopefully she was still the same as I remember cause it would be great to have a friend here in Forks.

The rest of the night, Charlie and my dad set up the television and drank whilst watching the game. I just graciously took the take-away Charlie brought me to my room and begun planning my outfit and situating my book bag for tomorrow.