[3]

Uncharacteristically of Forks, the remainder of the week had been sunny. I felt disappointed each day as the Cullen family seemed to have disappeared. I assume they went on vacation or something of the sort.

Currently I was getting ready for the diner. My dad and I were going to meet up with Charlie and his daughter who just moved in with him. I just threw my hair up with an elastic and made sure my minimal make up still looked alright from my long day at school.

"Hey, are you ready?" My dad called up from the bottom of the stairs.

"Coming!" I slide on my Chuck Taylor sneakers and meet up with my dad at the front door.

When we were in his truck headed to the diner I decided to ask my dad the very thing that has been on my mind for the last few days.

"Dad, do you think I would be able to volunteer at the Hospital?" I question.

"I don't see why not. I can stop by before work tomorrow and get the documents you'll have to sign and fill out. Why did you want to volunteer? I mean its a good thing just ...why?"

"Well I don't know...Might look good on applications." I shied away from the true reason I wanted to.

He nodded and then I found myself staring out the window while thoughts swirl my head.

Basically, I've always dreamed about one day becoming a doctor and helping those in need. By volunteering at the hospital I could get a glimpse into the field of medicine. I know my dad would be fine if I told him about my aspirations but I can't seem to let the words come out. We weren't exactly well-off and I knew he felt guilty about it. Adding the stress of med school would probably crush him. He always just wanted to do whatever he could to make me happy. So I felt that volunteering may be my only way of getting to experience medicine.

I felt my Dad put the truck into park and that's when I noticed we had made it to the Diner.

When we walked in, I noticed Charlie right away sitting at the corner table with a girl my age with him. That must be his daughter, I think my dad said her name was Isabella.

"Hey Charlie!" My dad called over as we made our way to their table.

"Good to see you pal! Bella, you remember David Ainsley right?" Charlie asked as we seated ourselves across from them.

"Of course." Bella responded and smiled at my dad.

"And this is my daughter, Eleanor. You two used to play in the yard together but you might not remember...that was quite some time ago." My dad laughed.

"It's nice to meet you Bella or I guess see you again." I smiled in her direction.

Our fathers' were discussing sports of some kind, I wasn't really paying attention.

I poked around my salad and decided to strike up a conversation with Bella.

"So, I know you haven't been here long, but how are you liking Forks so far?" I ask the brunette.

"It's nice. Very different from Phoenix." I nodded in response to her answer.

"You start school tomorrow right? If you want we can hang out, I can try to show you around but in all honesty I'm still learning the ropes myself."

"Right you only moved back like a couple of weeks ago right?" Bella asked.

"Yeah pretty much." I let out a small laugh.

"Um I'm not sure if you drive or anything but, maybe I could pick you up? My dad gave me this truck as like a homecoming gift so I could if you uh wanted." Bella awkwardly offered.

I smiled in response, "sure, that'd be great!"

I think Bella and I will become good friends.