Chapter 4 - Everlasting Peace

Several hours earlier, Jericho arrived in Kuala Lumpur past midnight. He then grabbed his phone from his pocket because someone is calling him.

"Hi sir, I just arrived here in Malaysia. It was a smooth flight," he said happily to Arturo Lim, the father of Kathrina.

"Great. About your plan later, good luck. I cannot see a reason if my daughter will not consider you to be his partner. You are a well-educated man, you came from a good and well-to-do family, and most importantly our clans were so close in the Filipino-Chinese community, so I can't wait for you to be my son-in-law," Arturo said it excitingly.

Jericho asked Kathrina's father his permission to pursue her daughter a few days before their flights. That desire made Arturo happy as he is also eyeing Jericho before to be the future husband of Kathrina. So he then told Jericho to follow her in Kuala Lumpur and express his intentions in a far-away and memorable place.

Jericho cannot sleep well in his hotel room for he is getting nervous about how to articulate his feelings for her. He is confident that he will receive a positive response from Kathrina. He then opens his drawer and gets a small blue box. where inside it is a necklace that he plans to give to her as a gift of his admiration. Then a few moments later, he slept.

**********

"What are you really doing here?" she was puzzled by his presence there while they are riding KLIA Express from the airport to the city center.

"Well, I just want to scout possible clients. Maybe it's time we will get prospects outside our country," he grinned while looking in her beautiful eyes

"Okay, but how did you know that I will be in Malaysia?" She is still suspicious.

"I just happened to talk to your dad while we were at a business conference and he mentioned that you will be going here too."

"Look! We are very near. Welcome to the city of Kuala Lumpur!" as he is pointing his finger to the Petronas Towers that are visible in the window.

**********

Over 1000 miles away back in Manila, Vincent and Joshua entered Shiloh Sports Complex. This would be the start of getting back Joshua's physique that was tarnished with fats, excess sugar, and carbohydrates he consumed over the months. They jogged the oval track, joined Zumba sessions, done many push-ups, and crunches for their muscles.

"I think I need to go to a spa after this. I'm so tired of what we have done," Joshua said while they were eating fish ball, tempura, and other street foods outside the complex. They were just standing in front of a vendor while cooks what they eat in his boiling frying pan

"Yeah me too. But if we do this more often, Kathrina will notice you more when she comes back," Vincent giggled while teasing Joshua. He then taps the shoulder of Vincent strongly as he was annoyed.

"By the way, are you really sure about her? Let's face it, she is rich bro and belongs to a culture that is different from us. Will this not spark your insecurities again?"

"I know and I've been thinking about it. But I think I will gamble again this time. And besides, there is no law prohibiting two different upbringings to be together as long as you like each other," Joshua said it confidently.

"But the question is, will there be a possibility that she will like someone like you?"

"I don't know but I will make her like me!" he said Joshua while throwing his last stick of tempura into a plastic bag.

"Oh! here we go of your idealism again Josh!" Vincent covers his head with his hand while tilting his head up.

**********