Blood

"How is he wearing black sequins and still look badass?" Logan asked as he stared at my eldest cousin in his outfit. Black sequins high waisted pants, a black cropped hoodie, and black combat boots. "It's honestly... impressive."

I smacked his shoulder when his eyes lit up and he smiled sheepishly. "You can not drool over my cousin," I said as I adjusted the tight black shirt Ace had chosen for me.

"I'm not drooling," he said as he clipped ammo to his belt. "I'm appreciating his strength. He makes sequins look cool and he's a grown man. Who wouldn't admire that?"

Good point.

"Whatever," I said before clipping my own guns to my belt. I wasn't mad at him per say. I was more worried and just taking it out in anger. This was his first time out with us... this was going to be his first time seeing me in 'mafia' mode. I didn't want him to suddenly see me covered in blood and run for the hills. Nor did I want him to get hurt.

I suddenly felt hands wrap around my torso and I sighed when Logan kissed the side of my neck. "Calm down," he said with a small laugh. "Everything is fine. The kids are with Ralph and Cris, we are more armed then the military, and you look hot in leather. We're fine."

I snorted softly and continued to check my weapons. "I'm worried about you," I admitted as I finally turned in his arms. I could feel Apollo's eyes on us from his spot by the van but continued. "I know you can handle yourself and all but it's different when it's life or death. You can't hesitate. These aren't people you can slap cuffs on and take them to jail."

"I know, Bear," he said with a quick peck to my lips. "Kill first, questions later."

I nodded and then gave him one last kiss just as Apollo came over to us. He handed Logan and me an ear piece before plugging in his own. "Alright. Enough cutesy. We need to get into position," Apollo said just as I turned on my ear piece. I heard Ace complaining about the wind messing up his hair and quickly tuned the volume down. "Ace? We are headed to our position. No targets spotted."

It was kind of weird for hear English coming off of the ear pieces. We always spoke but due to Logan being here we had to speak English. It felt awkward but I didn't let him know. Instead, I turned to him and kissed my fingers before placing them on his lips. He blinked owlishly and then gave me a warm smile before nodding at me.

Apollo lead us away from the van towards our position. Logan took up the rear behind me and I kept my senses open in order to make sure he stayed there. I couldn't let my focus be solely on him but I also wouldn't allow anything to happen to him. The coast was clear all around us other than a few vans parked around but Bree had made sure they were empty when we arrived. Watching my baby cousin slit three people's throats was one of my proudest moments.

Apollo touched his ear piece with his gun trained on the door we were to enter through. "Group one in position," he said.

"Group two in position," ace cheered quietly. "Ready and aimed for blood!"

I actually rolled my eyes.

"Group three in position," Bree said. "No movement detected near any entrance. All groups are cleared to enter."

Apollo looked towards the garage doors that were left open enough for us to slide under and motioned for us to move. Logan and I slid under the doors as Apollo covered us. We both hid behind tall palettes of what was definitely bricks of weed and I covered one side with Logan covering the other as Polly slid under and some between us.

"You and the cop head right, I'll head left. Take anyone out who interferes," Polly said before heading left. Logan quickly came to my back before we headed down the long row of pallets. I kept my eyes peeled and listened for any movement. Just when we reached the edge a man came around our corner and I quickly covered his mouth and slit his throat before he could even register who we were. His body dropped as he gargled on his own blood and I looked back at Logan to see him staring owlishly at the body.