Chapter 2

The deep murderous roars of the Pauna echoed through the village, warning anyone that dared try invade in its territory. The villagers' knew that whatever unfortunate soul who had wandered in was already dead. Be it human, animal, attack helicopter... they were long gone.

The beast had only emerged a couple decades ago, so no one knew where it came from as there hadn't been an animal like it before. It had features of a person but it was an animal in its entirety.

Many have tried to kill it but none succeeded and only a small handful of them managed to escaped with their lives. It was a wonder that it never ventured beyond its land.

Yet as the villagers pondered about the mighty beast, its roars kept bellowing out. Usually it was a one and done situation, but by the multiple cries, its target was escaping.

"Heda!" A villager suddenly shouted. They all had a look of understanding but it immediately turned to worry. Gossip spread fast and it didn't take long before everyone knew that their heda had followed the skia girl into the forest.

~In the forest~
Lexa heard the roar of the Pauna and only then realised that they had ran into its land. Was that what Quint had planned? To kill the sky girl or make her run to Pauna? Well too bad for him. With a ferocious glare on her face, she sliced his leg, disabling him.

"Run!"

Lexa, her guard and Clarke sprinted away from the falling trees, leaving Quint to the mercy of Pauna.

The trees fell one by one giving way to the owner of this part of the forest. Quint tried his hardest to crawl away with no success.

As they ran, Clarke spotted a metal gate, "This way! I found something!" She ran over and start pulling at the metal gate. It clanked open, she went through, waiting on the other side to see if the others would follow. However, Lexa's guard stopped and looked at his commander, "Go. I will distract." Lexa bowed her head in respect before passing through the gate.

Clarke saw that only Lexa came through. "Where's your guard?"

"He was a loyal warrior." Lexa murmured. They had a moment of silence before Pauna's roar cut it short. "Come on. His sacrifice will not be for nothing," Lexa urged on.

They start running again, only for the silence to be cut off by a blood-hurdling scream... and the ridiculously high ledge they were tittering off. Behind them the bellows of Pauna crawl louder and louder towards them.

With no where to go, Lexa unsheathed her sword, getting ready for a losing fight. Clarke instead, began to judge and estimate the distance that they would fall if they were to jump. Pauna leaped over the wall and settled his glare upon the two leaders.

"Lexa jump! We can make it!"

They made eye contact, staring into each other's souls. Lexa gave a firm nod and Clarke jumped while Pauna rushed towards them. Lexa, turning her back on the incoming danger, sheathed her sword and took a leap of faith.

She gave out a strangled gasp when sharp pain shot through her foot followed by a similar pain through her arm, the outcome of trying to catch herself. Clarke looked back to see Pauna hovering over Lexa ready to deliver the final blow.

"Leave me!"

"No way!" Clarke pulled out her gun and started unloading her clip into the Pauna, yet it seemed that her bullets did nothing.

She grasped onto the Commander's arm and dragged her as much as she could. Pauna's incessant growls continued bellowing.

Behind them was a small bunker like building. Her back pressed against a metal door. With great difficulty, Clarke opened it, pulled Lexa in, and slammed it shut. A metallic click could be heard, locking them inside, away from the immediate danger.

Clarke, though, was not satisfied. A lock 100 years old would be unreliable. So she demanded the Commander's sword and bolted the door.

Lexa on the other hand, breathed in pain. Each breathe staggered in labor. Each movement crowded in hurt. Yet she was aware of her surroundings. White sterile walls stared back at her. The room was empty except for a high tek looking table.

"What is this place?" She murmured, breaking Clarke out of her trance of staring at the door.

The Pauna could be heard pounding and growling at the door in what seemed like desperation. She looked around and gasped in wonder. Deciding that the door would hold, she took a step closer to where Lexa was— the centre.

"I think this was a lab, before the war."

Lexa's mind was suddenly bombarded with an instruction. One that took priority, one from Pramheda. With a weak gasp, she pushed herself up and started limping to the table.

"What are you doing? You shouldn't be moving right now! You'll hurt yourself even more," Clarke was exasperated.

Lexa ignored her and instead continued advancing to the table. It felt like it was calling to her— no— her blood. The table held a flat black screen and a red button. The screen called for her to put her hand on it.

She did. Immediately, green lines appeared on the screen and started scanning it. Lexa couldn't pull away even when the lines disappeared. A prick sensation was felt in the tips of her fingers.

"Access granted," a robotic voice sounded around the room. This pulled Lexa out of her trance and Clarke just looked at her 'like what have you done' and slowly advanced towards her.

"Do not do anything," she said when she got to the Commander. However, it was too late. Lexa had already pushed the button.

A whirling noise could be heard and the two women straighten to attention. A part of the wall opened and a pod with a glass front could be seen. The glass was clear.

Inside, held a girl with no clothes except her undergarments; a sliver like sports bra and underwear.

The glass opened from the side.

Clarke stares pointedly at Lexa and then back at the pod, gripping her gun whilst Lexa just stood there, having no alarm. It was strange because the Pauna could no longer be heard.

"Cryopod opened. Thirteen has been released," the same voice echoed in the room.

And the girl fell out.

-
A/N
Oh hello there someone!

Hope you're enjoying the story. I never know what spelling to use so just ignore that. As you can tell, I don't update that much. Probably just when I feel like it or am inspired... but with that said, it'll probably be every couple of weeks or so because I really like this idea.

Anywho's, toddles. Xoxo