Marriage

<DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT>

"Lily?" James peaked his head to Lily's bedroom, "Sorry for the visit but I wanted to talk to you about something."

Severus was grading his student's homework when James's patronus relayed a message, "Severus, please come over to the Forbidden Forest quick, follow my patronus." Severus thought it was urgent and left quickly, panicking. He entered the Forbidden Forest. He was lead into a clearing, the moonlight sifted through the trees and the plants surrounding glowed. The place was also lit by Lily, her friends and the Marauders using the soft light of Lumos. James was in the middle of the clearing and suddenly, there were patronuses dancing in a circle around us. James walked towards Severus and the patronuses disappeared as he knelt down on one knee.

James opened the box to reveal two silver rings. There were two twirled snakes as the ring band and they were circled around a small lion head, adorning crystals for eyes. "Will you marry me?" James asked smiling. His smile soon was faltering since Severus wasn't responding. Severus finally blinked, "I thought you were in danger somewhat, you never had to send a patronus. Of course I will, Potter. Just don't ever scare me again!" Severus was really worried and he was relieved that his boyfri- well now, fiance was safe. He was also shocked and was so happy, tears prickled his eyes. All of them cheered for the couple as they kissed. The two put on the rings and they could feel the motion of engraving of the rings inside the band.

The next day, Severus took off the ring to adore it. He smiled once he saw James's name engraved on the inside of the band. Both of the couple's families were thrilled and were preparing for the wedding. The whole Hogwarts heard of the news and congratulated him.

It was the day of the wedding and the couple was extremely nervous, James especially. "Oh Merlin, I feel like I am going to vomit. What if he gets cold feet and doesn't want to marry me. What if he realizes that he deserves better and leaves me. I can't handle that, I-I love him," James was over-thinking and paced around in his black suit. Remus and Sirius tried to calm him down. Peter left to sit at the venue. In the end, Sirius slapped him square in the face, "Calm down, Prongs! Severus really loves you and you love him. If he didn't, he would never have accepted to going out with you and spent 2 years with you. Nerves are a good thing, it shows you care but you have to calm down or your head will explode." James calmed down and proceeded to try taming his hair. He didn't know why but he felt like he needed to do something with his hands. He decided to use his father's invention, the Sleakeazy's Hair Potion.

Severus was also nervous. He kept on finding little flaws to fix. He fixed even the tiniest of wrinkles on his white suit. He kept on commenting on his hair. Lucius decided to keep it in place with gel. Lily and Narcissa calmed him down as much as they can. "If he ever hurts you, tell me and I'll deal with him," Lucius whispered so Narcissa couldn't her him. Severus laughed, "Thanks."It was finally time for him to walk down the aisle. His father was hesitant at first but he didn't see a problem seeing as the wizarding world was more accepting than the muggle's. He walked Severus to James. Severus was impressed with James today. His hair was slicked back. He loved the usual messy hair but this made his heart thumped in his chest. James looked proper and he seemed nervous but determined to marry him.

James was mesmerized by Severus. His hair was also slicked back and he looked just perfect in his white suit. He couldn't believe this was not a dream. He knew it wasn't, he pinched himself before standing beside the marriage officiant. The marriage officiant was Dumbledore, he started, "Witches and wizards, ladies and gentlemen. We are here today to unite Severus Snape and James Potter in marriage. Your vows."

James smiled, "I had always hated you, I was bigoted, hating on all Slytherins because I believed they were all evil. It also didn't help that we were both in love with the same person. One day, we shagged!" This got laughs from the audience and Severus shot a glare.