four

a/n the upcoming chapters are about Akaashi's and Bokuto's past, to give more context and weight to the story and show you how they met.

sorry for interrupting the KurooAka and AkaKen that you were going to get. I don't want to put this later in the story, but I also didn't want to emit this as it is important.

hope you can forgive me and appreciate the tale of the past of how Akaashi and Bokuto even came to their arrangement. Enjoy.

some time ago...

"oh hey, I'm your new roommate", Akaashi said as he walked into his dorm room. He thought it was a bit weird that his roommate was inside, but had the door locked, however now that he had walked in he could understand. There was not one, but two guys on one bed, just kissing.

The taller of the two scrambled on his feet as he promptly threw a blanket on the shorter one. Not that it was a good thing to do that, but from Akaashi's perspective, it was the funniest thing he had seen so far in the dorm.

"Oh, oh my God. I'm so sorry you saw that. Uhm, uh, okay--" the now highly disheveled taller guy struggled to find the correct words. "Uhm, I'm Kuroo. Kuroo Tetsurou"

All Akaashi could do is try to suppress his chuckles as he watched the other guy throw the blanket off himself and glare at Kuroo. Like daggers to his back, Kuroo turned around and gave the other a weak smile. "And this is my boyfriend Kenma. Say hi, Kenma"

Kenma stayed quiet, just glaring at Kuroo. Akaashi, who had successfully suppressed his laughter was now ready for his own introduction. Well, at least he was glad to know that his roommate was part of the lgbtq+ since Akaashi was part as well and was planning on bringing boys to his side of the room.

"I'm Akaashi Keiji, nice to meet you," he said and watched as Kuroo's face relaxed, clearly glad that Akaashi didn't throw some nasty remark or a dirty comment. "I'm glad were are all queer here"

Kenma's face lit up the moment Akaashi spoke those words, and Akaashi could swear he saw him checking Akaashi out. Kuroo heaved a great sigh, his mind was now empty - he could have never thought a simple event like this could make him so stressed in such a small amount of time. Not even coming out made him as stressed as his new roommate walking in on him and his boyfriend.

"...this is a terrible introduction. I'm sorry, I had no idea you would come today and this early" Kuroo glanced at the electronic clock on the wall which showed that time was barely after 8 in the morning, then again the question is why was he making out so early. It's Kuroo though, he's unpredictable.

"Hey, man, it's okay. I didn't think I'd come so early too, but the introductory lecture turned out to be today, so here I am. Sorry for barging in. Let me just put my stuff and I'll be off my merry way - you two can continue" Akaashi gave them both a wink and walked further into the room, delighted at the sight of a seemingly normal bed. Please creak slightly, please creak slightly - Akaashi was probably thinking to himself and to his happiness - it did.

"Oh, uh--", Kuroo was quite honestly speechless... and that's understandable. 

"You're cool," Kenma said as he finally got out of bed. "Kuroo, take notes. Look how calm he is, look how chill he is, look how well dressed he is, and look at his majestic hair... now look at the mess on your head"

"Hey, my bed hair suits me" Kuroo glared at Kenma who scoffed at him and made his way to Akaashi. At first, Akaashi didn't notice Kenma walking up to him, he only noticed when he felt Kenma's hands on his arm, frankly speaking, checking for muscle.

"Oh?", he asked, a bit confused.

"You work out?", Akaashi watched as Kuroo facepalmed at Kenma's question.

"Yeah sometimes, why?"

"Nothing... Nothing...", Kenma walked away too suspiciously for Akaashi's liking, but he chose to ignore, because even if Kenma was sizing him up to know how hard he has to stab him - why would he stop him?

"So, you have a lecture?", Kuroo asked as he watched Akaashi very nonchlantly and quite literally throw all his stuff on the bed and nod.

"Yup, so maybe after that you guys want to get to know each other? I mean, I'm guessing I'm gonna see you two here often" Akaashi said as he winked at the two. "Also, I would like to not feel awkward"

"For sure, beers on me... as an apology," Kuroo said with relief in his voice. In the next few minutes, Akaashi dug through his luggage to find the jacket that he wanted to wear. He decided to make a good impression (and hopefully catch some eyes) with his look - nice sneakers, black pants tighter than he would like and also rolled up just a bit, a button-up and a nice leather jacket to pair with it - if this doesn't look at least bisexual then Akaashi is going to never dress nicely again.

As Akaashi said "see you later" to Kuroo and began closing the door, he saw Kenma latch onto Kuroo again - damn, he must have interrupted a very important part.

He made his way out of the complicated dormitory and straight to the university... which was even more complicated. Seriously, which architect design this - it's like going through a maze, except instead of a dead-end you end up at a random lecture with no way to quit.

it took Akaashi way too long to find the auditorium and he was late - for his first-ever lecture. great start scholarship student.

"Sorry I am late", he said as he hurriedly walked into the auditorium, now over a hundred eyes piercing him.

"It's okay, we just started. Take a seat", the professor said, he had a voice so sweet Akaashi had to take a look at him twice. As he went up the stairs, he spotted an empty place. He was so focused on getting to it, that he failed to notice the many eyes that were watching him - and not because he was late.

As he sat down and took out his notebook, he finally looked around.

Many young, handsome faces.

Especially one. One in particular.

Hair down, covering the forehead. His hair was dyed a long time ago and only the white tips remained, the rest was pitch black. His gorgeous golden eyes were staring right back at Akaashi. And then...

He winked at him.

Score!

.

.

..

..

..

so anyway I was writing chapters further on and forgot I made this story with uppercase so from the next chapter expect everything in lower case... it's prettier that way anyway uwu

I want to give some background to Akaashi's and Bokuto's characters for them to be richer, so I want to tell you how they met. After that, we can go back to your normally scheduled chapters.

Hope you enjoyed and see you!

Hatari