Part 1

Colress P.O.V

After Team Plasma dissolved, our leader was brought to jail. I managed to get away from his fate with cunning, telling I was just a puppet of his, so I visited his every week, in order to feel less guilty.

I've never been in a prison before, they say it's a life-changing place, sometimes for the good and others for the bad. I don't think this place would ever be able to make Ghetsis even more evil than he already is-

but who knows.

The bars slowly opened after the prison guard's command, and then I saw him, in the traditional striped outfit you normally see in films, sitting there.

I somehow felt regret for a moment, and hesitated to come in. He hadn't noticed me yet anyway. The guard, seeing I wasn't I moving, pushed me in and closed the door behind me.

That's when he noticed me.

His eyes, firstly focused on the floor, slowly changed position just to look at mine.

He didn't say anything, he didn't even seem surprised that I was there.

"The rabbit returns to its burrow, I see."

That made my spine shiver.

I chuckled it off.

"No, I'm just here out of pity."

I could tell that Ghetsis had changed; he was thinner, and somehow, sadder. Maybe he was starting to see how much harm he had done to me and to other people.

No, that man can't feel empathy.

"Why are you here?" He asked, lifting a brow.

Silence was my response, not because I was afraid of him but because I actually didn't know why I was there.

"I just thought you'd like some company."

"I don't need anyone."