Chapter 13A: Moxie

Morgan’s POV

As I walked downstairs, the doorbell rang. 

“I’LL GET IT!” Hannah yelled.

“Wow, you girls look nice. What’s the occasion?” my mom asked.

“A date,” I said, kind of awkwardly. I love my mom to pieces, but I never felt comfortable telling her about girly things like boys or clothes or makeup.

She looked surprised. “A date? Like with a boy?”

“Well, yeah.”

She just nodded her head and walked back into the kitchen. Well that was easy.

 I heard a gasp from the front door and then I heard the door slam. Hannah!

Hannah’s POV

Finally, I heard the doorbell ring.

“I’LL GET IT!” I screamed. I was dying to find out whether or not Niall was my date, and I wouldn’t wait any longer to find out! I quickly ran to the front door, opened it and-Oh my gosh!

It’s Harry Styles and…and….and….NIALL HORAN! I gasped and slammed the door. Idiot! Why would I do that?! I guess it was just a lot to take in all at once. 

“Hannah! What was that?” Morgan exclaimed.

“Harry Styles. And Niall Horan.” I answered innocently.

“Why would you slam the door in their faces?!!?!”

“Umm…I don’t know.” 

“Wait, Morgan, shouldn’t you be in school?” Morgan’s mom shouted.

“Uhh no, it’s a holiday!” Morgan was such a horrible liar…

“Which holiday?” her mom asked suspiciously.

“It’s, uhh,” Morgan started.

“St. Fitzgerald’s Day!” I answered. Man, I was good at saving her butt..

“Oh,” her mother said, “Is that like St.Patrick’s Day or something?”

“Yeah!” we quickly said in unison before rushing back to the front door together.

I quickly opened the door back up to see Harry scratching his head,  and both of the boys looking kind of confused. 

Niall’s POV

SLAM!

“Uhhmm..?” Harry said, confused.

“What the heck?”

“Just give her a chance, if she’s anything like her cousin, you won’t regret it.”

This was why I was afraid of telling her that I was the one texting her in the first place. This is what happens when girls see “Niall Horan from One Direction!!!” 

Over the phone, she treats me like Niall, a regular guy. And that’s really all I am, is just a regular guy. I wish that girls could see that. But this first impression is making me wonder if I should even tell her that I’m James, her mystery boy.

Harry started scratching his head, still confused, and then Hannah opened the door.

“Sorry about that..” she said, sheepishly.

“It’s alright,” I laughed it off and took her hand, shaking it and introducing myself.

“I’m Niall, and you must be Hannah?”