Start of something big

That's the day it started. The day the guardian went nuts. A young boy no more than the age of 16 leaped out from the crowd, grabbed a pot-lid and quickly deflected the guardian beam.

The king stood in shock about how effectively the soldier had disposed of the malfunctioning guardian.

Later..

"Link!" I turned to the sound of my name. I still felt bad about completely wrecking the ancient Sheikah technology. I thought back to the moment. Zelda had given me the most reproachful look. It hurt to see her anger directed at me.

"Hey Link"
"Yes?" I reply still zoned out slightly.
"You ok bro? You look like you're in your own world there."
"Huh? Oh sorry. What is it that you want?"
"Link, the king has summoned you"
"Oh. OH!" I snap out of shock.
"Thanks for telling me!"
I run down the hall before my fellow knight can reply.
Soon I'm walking towards the throne room. My heart races. The guards on either side of the doors glance at me. The doors open.
"Link" says a booming voice
I remember to kneel. I feel very small under the gaze of the king. Zelda sits to the side giving me a cold look.
"Come, stand."
I stand but don't make eye contact.
"Today you showed great bravery and skill, the traits I want in a knight of Hyrule. Today I appoint you to be Zelda's personal knight. To shield her, protect her, keep her from harm. I believe you are the perfect one."

"Father!!! I don't need a baby sitter I am 16 years old! I'm perfectly able to care for myself!"
I can hear the anger in her voice.
"Zelda!" The king booms glaring angrily at his daughter.
Zelda quickly stands, glaring at me and marches away.
The king sighs audibly rubbing his temples in frustration.
"You're dismissed.
I have ordered for your belongings to be moved to the room across from my daughters. Keep her safe Link."

I nod. Walking to the exit.

What a crazy day it has been.

Hope you liked the second part of my story!
4/24/2020
Word count: 360
-Lilly out