7. The New York Institute

"All world's a stage."

William Shakespeare.

*****************************

Davina Clair stood before the old church in Brooklyn with nothing in her stomach except the trust she had towards Kol's judgment, She should learn better than trusting a Mikealson, but hey, she once married one, and she became part of always and forever.

"The instruments are in that church for sure." Kol had assured her this morning before she left, making Kol promise to go get her if she does not return within an hour or so, or if ever he sees the candle Davina lit in the middle of her usual pentagon diminishing, she had linked the candle to her life force, to show Kol, when she was in danger, so he can swoop in and save the day, like the private superman he was.

Davina walked into the abandoned church silently hating Kol for lying to her, or at least she wanted it to be a lie empty, abandoned and dirty, the church was,
Despite her seeing a dead rat or two by the entrance there was no foul smell that evaded her nostril,

She felt something in that church, something that wasn't supposed to be there, her own blood, Jocelyn's blood, could be her sister's blood, Clarissa Fairchild was in that church, or maybe it was her magic playing tricks on her, like that day in the club, she almost believed the redhead whose face she had not quite seen was her Clarissa Fairchild, but yet again, blood magic was a tricky one.

Davina stood in the middle of the old church, trying to remember the right spell, the church was too old and abandoned anyways, she had all her time, however much the power the church gave was overwhelming, if she had doubts before now, she no longer had any, the mortal instruments were here.

Alec stood immobile as he observed the girl who stood in the middle of the institute like a lost puppy in need for a bone, all movements had come to an abrupt stop when Davina had walked into the institute, everyone knew what she saw, and no it was not the things they saw,
The New York Institute had heavy glamour at times even some shadow hunters could not see pass the glamour

Davina begun chanting something Alec did not comprehend, neither did Jace or Izzy, but Clary, she felt familiar with that spell, it was a spell she has heard before and her instinct told her it meant trouble.

Clary had her glamour removed and launched towards Davina, but the red head was stopped in her footstep by Davina's spell as everything around them stopped, like as if time froze.

Red hair to the waist, she stood before her, Clary's eyes widened as Jocelyn came to her, she hugged her tightly whispering "I miss you" in her ears, telling her, she was happy with what Clary had done with her life.

Izzy's eyes couldn't believe it, her mother walking towards her with runes all over her body,

what about Jace who finally got to see Clary walking down the aisle with a wedding dress on, walking towards him,

and Alec who saw Izzy whipping away her mother's tears and Jace smiling brightly,

They all saw what they desired the most, letting their guards down.
Davina did not know what she was doing, but Jocelyn told her of the shadow people living in the shadows (hiding) she added that spell in case they were lurking in the shadow, she did not want them to get involved with her or what she was doing.

She gathered enough energy to summon the mortal instruments to her, from the power she had siphoned from the church.

A sword, A Cup and a mirror appeared before her, but they all vanished as soon as they appeared and her spell lost effect almost as fast.

Davina 's eyes closed as her strength abandoned her and she fell to the ground,
Alec was quick to get by her side, but before he could touch her someone with the speed of something he did not comprehend took her, maybe it was a vampire, maybe it was even a dream,

Alec stood numb for a good five minutes before shaking it off hoping he truly didn't see Davina, but this time, they had all seen her, and she was real, and something took her, Alec now wants to know, what the hell was going on.