Chapter 2

There wasn't a single person in the world who didn't want to be Mark or to be fucked by him.

He couldn't blame them.

He was Mark Tuan and there wasn't anything he couldn't get. 

If he looked at it, it was his, no matter who it's previous owner was.
He lived off of this motto even when he became rich enough to buy the whole world, even. 

It was no surprise that people looked up to him; it wasn’t odd to find articles about the “youngest billionaire known to South Korea” or how kids “aspire to one day be just like him!”

All these words were just music to his modestly large ego. 

He was still lonely though as he was as a child and he liked it just fine; there was something about letting a person get too close to him that made warning bells go off in his head.

It wasn’t as if he didn’t get lonely-he did-but it was more important to protect yourself than get hurt, right?

Besides, people loved him because he was rich and handsome not because they really knew who he was and he liked it just like that; the only people who really knew him were his parents and Jaebum, his somewhat best friends since college. 

He met Jaebum when he was in college- years ago, it feels like- and wasn’t drawn to him.

Unlike the elder, Jaebum was loud and always the center of attention, which bothered Mark a lot. He was the one that everyone “oohed” and “aahed” over, not this new freshman.

So, he made it his duty to just ignore the kid even if the kid had a thing for following him around. 

It came to the point that he finally exploded on Jaebum because of his behavior; the younger just stared at him with stars in his eyes. 

"You're so amazing, hyung." Jaebum whispers reverently and...oh.

There was no need for him to hate this child; he was only misguided and needed someone like Mark to help him.

Mark straightened slightly, smirking.  "Of course I am." He had hated the way people no longer focused on him but he was blind and didn’t look at the bigger picture.

Now that he did, his jealousy seemed petty; having Jaebum as a friend meant more people were in awe of him….them

Speaking of the devil, Jaebum smiles as he pokes his head through Mark’s door; rolling his eyes, Mark sends a mental reminder to fire his secretary.

“Who keeps letting you in?” he grumbles as JB eye smiles his hyung to death; the younger cheekily grins as he points to the secretary who was watching both of them like a hawk. 

“Your secretary’s really pretty, hyung,” Jaebum coos, “you should totally fuck her.”

Used to JB’s profane use of words, Mark just grunts, focusing back on his work. 

“You know, Hyung,” Jaebum muses, legs on the desk- and ignoring Mark’s blatant glare at said legs-

“in all of my time of knowing you, I’ve never seen you date anyone.” The elder just shrugs, kicking Jaebum’s legs off the table. 

“It’s not like you hate people at all, is it?” the younger questions and he was right...in a certain way; Mark didn’t hate people but he saw them as useless, sometimes.

His family motto was “there’s no need to concern yourself unless you get something out of it” and he lived by said motto- even in his love life.