Chapter 10 What Do We Have Here?

Natalie's POV:

        "Sir, I do not know if you are aware of this, but Adrien has a crush. It seems he is smitten with this Marinette person,"  Natalie says. She figures she might as well get this off her chest.

          Natalie is unprepared for Mr. Agreste's reaction to the announcement though. She thought for sure he would be amused, or relieved.  It seems he was in disagreement from the start about it.   Sure she can tell he means well for his son.  However, she is sure Adrien loves Marinette.

       "Natalie, this is my son we are talking about right?" Gabriel replies as if the notion were the furthest thing from his mind.

      "Yes, but what has that got to do with it?"Natalie asks with a glare to show her annoyance at once with his stubbornness.

      Gabriel's POV:

      Gabriel Agreste shakes his head at Natalie's suggestion that Adrien has a secret crush on Marinette.  

     "Why is it so impossible to believe, sir?" Natalie asks.

       "It is out of the question there is no way he likes her," Gabriel protest.

       "Ah, but that is just what he wants you to think," Natalie states. 

     "Believe me when I say I know my son better than anyone.  He does not have a thing for this Miss Dupain-Cheng as you say," Gabriel states as he rolls his eyes.

     Natalie's POV:
      Natalie shrugs her shoulders in defeat. She figures if he does not believe me to bad. She knows she is right. She is sure of it regardless of what anyone else says or does.

     She saw the truth before her eyes only the day before when the young boy was giving the girl in question a hard time. She knows they are adults, yet sometimes those two behave like immature teens.  She wonders if he knew about the scrabble between the young seamstress and the lawyer if Gabriel would be so quick to question her theory.

    "Gabriel, I will be busy with work then," Natalie says. She leaves the kitchen ticked off.

   Marinette's  POV:

     Marinette looks over the completed suit and smiles. She still can not believe Adrien gave her a compliment about her sewing earlier. She did not think he had in him being the rich son of a rich man and all. She rolls her eyes though as she recalls all the trouble it took just to get his measurements for it.

     Right at noon, Marinette knocks on the door to his office.

    "Well, what do we have here?" Adrien asks in a mocking tone.

       "I was just about to show your father the complimented object," Marinette says.

      "Oh, is that all, well then do not let me step on your toes Miss Dupain-Cheng," Adrien scoffs.

          Marinette rolls her eyes once more and knocks again. She hears a voice say, "Well do not just stand there do come in Miss Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

   Gabriel's  POV:

  Gabriel hears a knock outside his study area which he calls his office on occasion. He knows it must be the seamstress so he answers as soon as he can.  He wonders why she hesitates on her entry.  

    "Well, do not just stand there do come in Miss Marinette Dupain-Cheng,"  Gabriel repeats himself.

     Gabriel sees the door open, watches as the young lady enters the room with a piece of cloth in her arms, and can see the angry expression in her eyes.  He thinks it is a shame she is so moody.  He says nothing about her attitude though as she approaches him with the finished item.