𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘻𝘢𝘮 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘰𝘮
i didn't remember much on sunday beside the texts between me and freddy. the dinner went well, i suppose. awkward at some parts, but i like the sight of a family besides mine. a family that is normal. after dinner, me, billy, and freddy exchanged numbers. but i didn't text billy as much as i did freddy. and now that i think about it, i've been running solely on caffeine for the past thirty six hours or so. was it thirty six? i think it is.

but i got up and got ready for the first day of school before going downstairs to make breakfast. for myself and my family. wait. what happened to me? i'm not this happy in the morning. something is clearly wrong with me. i mean let's just have the pancakes do the talking.

"[y/n]? since when are you functional at six thirty in the morning?" asked Sam as she slugged down the stairs already dressed for school.

"no clue, and it's functional at six. want coffee in a travel mug?" i asked her.

she nodded and i put the gothic travel mug underneath the keurig machine beford putting the folger's coffe pod in. i pressed start and plated a couple other plates as i waited.

"oj stat." sam snapped her fingers at me.

right. i got out the orange juice and poured it into a cup and passed it to sam. she smiled, and soon the rest of the fam came and i had to go through the same thing all over again with each of them. and then, us kids were off. on our own adventure in hell: school. the vasqueez children were on there way to school when we left. and i made a beeline to freddy and billy. a travel mug with coffee in my hand. and i noticed the look both mary and jazz gave me. freddy smiled at me as i arrived while billy just smirked which was followed by a whack from freddy.

"don't you just hate mondays?" i said.

"yeah, they're the worst." freddy chuckled as we walked to school.

"so, [y/n], whay did you do yesterday? besides text freddy twenty four seven." billy asked.

an intense blush crept onto my face as did freddy's. "i-i-i-i was not texting freddy twenty four seven. that's a ridiculous assumption. anyways, i helped my parents organize the kitchen after they went shopping."

"uh huh. whatever you say, [y/n]." billy said with a smirk still evident on his face.

i just blinked at him as i followed the groupninto schook like cattle. i never imagined what my first day ay a new school would be. scary? yes. confusing? definitely. having five out of eight classes with freddy, a class of me, freddy, and billy, and a class eith just billy? definitely not. already having two friends? oh hell to the no. i paused as friends crossed my mind. i've never known friendship. only family. which is why we're in this mess. family matters.

"come on, [y/n]. this way to science." freddy told me.

right. honors science with freddy freeman. the goofball nerd who has an fanboy obsession with superheroes. and i knew he was obsessed with the hauntings of amity park, minnesota. because he told me himself. actually he texted me it. we walked into the classroom to see a teacher's name on the board that was most definitely not the teacher's name on my schedule mom picked up yesterday.

"at least you get a sub on your first day! that's something. c'mon, you can sit next to me. i like the back." freddy told me as he started to hobble away towards his seat.

"i... uh... think i need to sit more up." i replied, my tone kind of awkward and unsure at the same time. freddy raised a brow at me after he turned in my direction. "my glasses. broken. so difficulty seeing. and by glasses i mean my usual, my backups, my backup backups, and so on and so forth." it's what happens when a ghost that can't become intangible gets thrown into a building that was your house and specifically your bedroom. yep that was me.

"oh okay. but i don't think they're any open seats up front." the boy told me.

i nodded in understanding and followed after him. sitting beside him at the table in the back of the classroom. it turns out it was a free block. because the sub didn't want to do anything. my phone beeped.

i found out who the hero shazam is. i think we should train him.

well that's an interesting thing to get involved into when you've only been here for a weekend.

"everything okay, [y/n]?" asked freddy.

"yeah, everything's fine. don't worry about me." i told him as i slipped my phone into my back pocket.