Caged

~*Third person's POV*~

After witnessing the exchange while trying to reach them, Nico and Pedro watched as Nigel flew off swiftly with (Y/N) and Jewel struggling in his talons, too slow to be able to catch up. "Hey! Get back here! Ain't nobody mess with a friend of Pedro! I ain't having it! It's on!" Pedro shouted as he did kicks in the air while he and Nico just watched their forms retreating.

Nico's eyes were focused on Nigel's big talons, large enough to wrap around Nico's whole body as they were currently holding (Y/N)s and Jewels feet, making it hard for them to try to escape as they could do nothing but flail, which was doing nothing to the bird's steel grip. "What are you-- on?! Did you see the talons on that guy?!" Nico gasped when he finally teared his eyes away from (Y/N)'s pleading eyes and turned back to Pedro. "Talons? Maybe it's on, next time." Pedro said as the duo began to shout "RALFIEEEE!" and "Blu! Gilbert! Help!!" as they began retreating back to Raphael, Blu, and Gilbert.

~*(Y/N)'s POV*~

I struggled, but it was all useless. Looking down, I could see humans everywhere, some dressed as birds as different bird floats were slowly driving through the roads as everyone was cheering or dancing, just like they were when I first met Nico. Eventually reaching a horrible looking chicken float, Nigel dived into it, slamming me and Jewel into a cage as he quickly locked it before I could slam my body against the door, Jewel death glaring at him. "Two down, two to go." Nigel said as he smirked at us. "You'll never find them!" Jewel shouted. "They're already gone." I sighed as I slumped to the floor. "Oh, I don't need to find them. They'll find you." Nigel said before flying off to who knows where. I looked back to Jewel, seeing the hope leaving her eyes. Sighing, I snuggled into her side as we lost hope, waiting for our impending doom.

What felt like an eternity later, I awoke from my half-asleep state at the sound of someone landing in front of my cage. Immediately glaring at the person, thinking it was Nigel, I stopped in my tracks when I saw it was Nico. "Nico, what are you doing here? I- I thought you ran away!" I said, refusing to let the tears surface. "Meu amor, (my love) I'd never run from you. We're here to rescue you-"

He was cut off as I watched in terror as he, Pedro, and Rafael suddenly got grabbed and shoved into an open cage that was sitting in the corner. "Oh, look. We have some guests!" I watched in horror as Nigel locked their cage before flying off back to his camping spot. "Y-Yeah you better run!" Pedro shouted after Nigel's fleeting form. "Oh meu amor, (my love) you shouldn't have gotten yourself caught. You should've ran and stayed away.."

I sighed as Nico and I stared at each other through our cages, the space between us feeling like a canyon. "We were all coming to save you and Jewel, meu anjo." (my angel) I watched as Nico sighed and grabbed the bars with his wings, sliding down into a sitting position while still facing me. I jumped as I heard Blu's voice whispering. "Hey, Jewel, (Y/N)?"

"Blu!" Jewel gasped. "I'm gonna get you guys out of here." Blu said with determination as he started fiddling with the lock. Gilbert was standing guard until he walked next to Blu and smiled at me. "No, no! You can't be here!" Jewel furiously whispered. "You have to go!" I tried telling them. Jewel began warning them, "Nigel is..." She was cut off as Nigel came in from nowhere and grabbed Blu and Gilbert, immediately throwing them into an open cage that was right next to ours and locking it up. "Ah nao.." (Oh no..) I sighed. "Hello, pretty birds. So kind of you to join our little soiree." Nigel smirked.

Not seeing Raphael, Pedro, and Nico locked up in the cage in the other corner, Gilbert said with confidence "Oh, come on! You really think we came alone? I got three of the roughest, meanest, craziest birds in all of Rio behind me!" "Woohoo! You hear that guys?! We're saved! That's right! That's right! That's right!" Pedro cheered with happiness as he started dancing. "Uh... I think he means us." Nico sighed as he sadly looked down at the floor.

"Oh." Pedro said in disappointment as he slumped, stopping his happy dancing and cheers. "Ah, love." Nigel sighed as he stuck his foot into mine and Jewel's cage, ripping a feather from me while also picking up one of Jewels fallen feathers, causing me to gasp in pain. "Ow!!" I rubbed the spot where he stole my feather. "It's such a powerful and stupid thing." Nigel said as he picked up one of Blu's fallen feathers and ripped one of Gilbert's feathers off, staring at the feathers in his talon before flying off to the front where the humans were. "Are you alright, meu amor? (my love?)" Nico asked, looking at me with a worried face. "Yeah, it'll grow back. Just hurts a bit.." I sighed as I rubbed the throbbing spot to soothe the pain.