𝐓𝐖𝐎

❝ 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑵𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑨𝑾 𝑶𝑵𝑬 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑼𝑻 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑶𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹 . . . ❞

❝

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

❝ . . . 𝑫𝑰𝑫 𝒀𝑶𝑼? ❞

. . .

THE BELL RANG. causing all the students in the classroom to get to their seats. maddie looked up at jacob before walking past him, making her way to her seat at the four person table. he sat next to her, both of them instinctively looking out of the window. she glanced towards the time on her phone, silently noting when it would be ten minutes so she could excuse herself. in the distance, there were sirens wailing, and a cop car sped past the front of the school. it wasn't too odd, it was probably just something down at the station. she'd ask her dad when she got home tonight.

david windsor, as well as a father, was also part of the sheriffs department. he worked with crime scene analysis. he would know what was going on.

class started, although madeline wasn't exactly listening. her eyes stayed glued to the window, watching cop cars still fly by. then there was an ambulance, then another one. her eyes only left the window when she went to check the time. three minutes until she would excuse herself and finally find out what the hell was going on with her friend beside her. 

beside her, she could hear the talking of the other three at her table. an attempt of a that's what she said  joke by jacob. maddie was about to raise her hand to ask to go to the bathroom, but a loud alarm beat her to speaking.

a lockdown drill.

"alright, students, keep quiet. i can't hear the announcements," the teacher said, going to lock the door. all the students rushed to the window. maddie felt a hand on her shoulder, which she quickly deduced to being jacob's. her own hand came to meet his, watching as the amount of officials practically doubled outside of their school.

the group was moved to a place where you couldn't see from the window of the door. the blinds to the window's had shut and all the teenagers were on their phones. jacob, from beside her, started to call his dad to see if he could get any information. maddie reached for her phone and was about to dial her father, hoping that there wasn't some crazy shooter in the building. but another call came through from her brother. she quickly answered it.

"adrian, what the hell is going on? do you know? did dad-"

"they found a body. in the woods near our house."

"not funny, stop that. this isn't the time to joke around."

"i'm serious, i called dad as soon as i started to see the cop cars. it's, oh my fucking god i think i'm going to throw up."

"dri, breathe, who is it? do you know?"

"mads, it's ben rifkin. he was murdered."

the world began to spin.