𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

❝ 𝑰'𝑴 𝑺𝑶 𝑺𝑶𝑹𝑹𝒀 𝑵𝑶𝑾 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑲𝑵𝑶𝑾, 𝑺𝑶𝑹𝑹𝒀 𝑰'𝑴 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑶𝑵𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝑻𝑶𝑳𝑫 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑺𝑶, 𝑺𝑶𝑹𝑹𝒀, 𝑺𝑶𝑹𝑹𝒀, 

𝑰'𝑴 𝑺𝑶𝑹𝑹𝒀, 𝑺𝑶𝑹𝑹𝒀 . . . ❞

❝

❝ . . . 𝑺𝑰𝑲𝑬!  ❞

. . .

MADELINE WOULD NEVER ADMIT THIS TO JACOB BARBER RIGHT NOW, BUT HIS HAND HOLDING HERS AS SHE GOT READY TO GO INTO THE MRI MACHINE GAVE HER A SENSE OF SECURITY SHE MISSED TERRIBLY. she sat at the edge of the table, waiting for the adults to come into the room and get her all set up. her leg bounced nervously, her body only separated from the cold surface by a thin patient gown. 

it had been silent between the two teens until jacob spoke up, saying, "i'll be here when you're done. i can't stay in the room but i'll be in the waiting room."

madeline nodded, biting her lip. "okay."

the technician walked into the room holding a clipboard, along with their psychologist walking in shortly afterwards. 

"madeline, it's nice to see you again," the woman greeted. "and you too jacob. it's good to see you guys together." she no doubt knew about the tensions between the two, but didn't voice it towards them. 

the technician came over and began to hook up madeline's hand to a heartrate monitor. her other hand stayed clutched to jacob's, knowing that he would have to leave soon. her parents couldnt go today because of work, and also because jacob said that he would be here. "alright, almost finished setting everything up," the technician said, putting on a shield for radiation and attaching one to madeline. the woman then motioned for madeline to lay her head down. the blonde did just that, feeling the coldness of the surface against the back of her neck. "mr. barber, you should go now."

"alright," maddie heard jacob say. she stared up at the ceiling, feeling him squeeze her hand and hearing his footsteps step out of the room. 

"this shouldn't take too long. an hour at most, try not to move your body in any way. also, don't fall asleep," the therapist said.

"sounds good," maddie nodded her head weakly, feeling her heart rate start to pick up with nervousness. she felt the table begin to move into the large machine, the constant buzzing filling her ears. 

~

"why did i need to get a genome test done if I don't have any suspicions of having the murder gene?" madeline asked her therapist. the MRI was done, and she had gone back into the bathroom to get dressed in her normal clothing. she was now putting on her socks and shoes as the older woman waited to escort her to the waiting room.