Chapter 1: The Beginning of the End

BOW!

im excited for this book not even finna lie, like ive had this planned out for a longgggggg time😭 like halfway thru writin unstable creatures the idea came up, and that was in 2019 so💀 i wanted to wait until i finished one of my other books, but thats not finna happen any time soon so lol

happy birthday to kenny and shey💚❤️ and yall know where them niggas go tyquian follows with me so😭💙 i luv me sum 21nbaquando

(can yall believe they playin with kentrell right now, had us all hyped up yesterday thinkin he was finna get out just for the state of cali to say nope, yall fuckin thought. i was so blowed yesterday bruh)

but anyway excuse any errors

vote, comment, and enjoy💕

'Doctor Gaulden! Is it true that you were high and unfit to perform the surgery?!

'Do you have intimate relationships with your nurses, which ultimately distracts you from your work?!"

'Do you have anything to say to the family you let down?! To the teenage girl with a bright future ahead of her that you basically killed?!"

He bumped into someone in the crowd and immediately felt something wet on his shirt, blindly touching it to see what it was, only to bring his hand up and see red. Kentrell looked down to see the liquid seeping through his uniform, and through his shock it took the Baton Rouge native a couple seconds to realize that he had been squirted with fake blood. He immediately looked up to see a woman shouting at him, the cold line 'you have her blood on your hands' constantly falling from her lips, and it took everything in him to not show his ass and bring any more negative attention to his already tarnished name.

After dodging a water bottle being thrown at him, Kentrell successfully shouldered his way past the reporters and protestors, finally making it towards the front entrance of the hospital. Away from the crowd, who thankfully couldn't come inside and were about to have the police called on them anyways for being on private property. The receptionists worriedly looked at him as he stalked past them in his soaked shirt, but he ignored their concerns and muttered a low 'good morning', heading towards his office.

The stares only continued as he walked down long hallways, cold and sterile air doing nothing to calm his growing and hot agitation. He hadn't even felt like coming into work today, but forced himself to because he refused to be seen as someone who backed down when shit got hot. Kentrell had never done that as a child and as a grown ass man, he wasn't going to start doing that now. So he walked with his head high until he finally made it to his destination, a familiar face waiting by his door.

"Mornin'." He said, taking out his key and sliding it in the key hole.

"Mornin' friend."

Kentrell didn't try to shoo Megan away; it wouldn't do him any good because of how persistent the woman was, so he just opened the door and let her follow him inside, closing and locking it behind him.

He set his backpack down on his desk and immediately went to take off his shirt before settling into his chair, letting out a loud sigh. Honey eyes looked down at the braided friendship
bracelet on his right hand, looking over the pattern and colors, the small teddy bear pendant hanging off it cool against his wrist. The woman came closer and tilted her head, all while hazel eyes stared at that voluptuous tall body that stood over him, thick ass thighs squeezed by navy blue scrubs in his face.