CHAPTER TWELVE

-AMIKO'S POV-

I flicked through channels on my 28 inch tv in my room as Benji laid across my bed. I plopped down on the bed with frustration. I couldn't find anything to watch and I didn't want Benji to leave.

It was a knock on the door and I got up to open it. It was Nia and she pulled me out before closing the door. She pulled me across the hall in the bathroom and closed the door.

"Did you tell him?" Nia asked and I groaned lowly before rolling my eyes and crossing my arms. I should've known this is what she was gonna bring up.

"No Nia. I said no. I can handle it." I said and she glared at me. I knew this was about to turn into an argument.

"You need too. He can be your protection! We don't even know what these guys are capable of. They already approached you twice." She said and i sighed.

-FLASHBACK-

It was going on 9 pm and i was walking home alone. From time to time I looked over my shoulder but I didn't see anyone. The thought of them not watching me made me do a sigh of relief.

These guys that has been watching me have gotten worse. Their every where I am and honestly, I'm scared. I wanna speak up but I know that won't do me any good.

Looking over my shoulder for the thousandth time,I turned back around only to bump into a huge buff guy. My eyes grew wide as he grabbed me and took me into a dark alley.

Two more guys appeared and I recognized the one that was in the truck asking for me. My eyes grew wide as I watched the two pull out a 9mm hand gun.

"What's ya name?" He asked and I closed my eyes tightly hoping this was a dream. I thought of a quick name.

"Kirsten." I lied and I heard him chuckle.

"Why you fucking lien?!" He asked as he pushed me against the fence.

"I'm not lien!" I said as I tried prying his hands off my neck. The sound of a police car filled my ears before they quickly ran away.

Hearing their cars skirt off, the speeding police car later drove by. I was totally confused with what they wanted from me..

-FLASHBACK OVER-

"You need to tell him Miko and I'm not playing or I will. I'm only telling you this because I want you safe."  Nia said and I stared at her and I looked deeply into her sincere eyes.

I gave in and I nodded.

"Okay. Okay. But what if he doesn't care?" I asked and she scoffed.

"Girl I see the way that boy look at you. He might be already catching feelings for my bitch. But I know he's gonna care. Y'all only known each other for almost two months and y'all are like best friends." Nia said and I chuckled.

"Okay I'll ask him." I said lowly and she nodded. We walked out the bathroom and she walked back to the living room before I walked in my room.

"She just took you away from me?" He asked and I giggled as I sat down beside him. The show Martin played lowly on my TV. In all honesty, I didn't want to tell Benji.

It wasn't his business and I didn't want him getting involved. As I fidgeted with my nails, I don't know why but I began crying and only because of fear. I was scared and I was worried.

Lord knows what they'll do to me or my grandma but all I care about is my grandma and Nia's safety. I felt Benji rub my back with one and and grab my hands with the other.

"What's wrong ma?" He asked and I just cried. I could say scared but I wanna use the word petrified. If I want to protect my friend and my grandma, i have to get my hands dirty and when I mean hands dirty, I mean getting a gun.

I just want it for protection and lord knows I forgot how to use a gun.

"Miko, talk to me." He said as he squeezed my hands tightly. I wiped my face before shaking my head. I didn't wanna be that granddaughter and keep my grandma inside because I know she's having fun outside.

"It's just so much going on. I wanna tell you but I don't wanna get you involved." I said and he raised a brow.

"What is it?" He asked and I let out a breath before speaking.

"For the last month, these man have been watching me. Now I don't know where their coming from but I'm scared. They've came at me once and I was with Nia and the second time I was by myself." I said and before I could finish, he was up and out my bed slipping on his shoes.

"Benji wait where are you going?" I asked as I grabbed him but he pulled away.

"No Miko. Tell me who they is." He spoke and i shrugged.

"That's the thing. I don't know who they are and I don't know where they are coming from. I don't want you getting in it. I wanna take care of it myself." I said and he shook his head. He began calling people on his phone and I just sat on the bed and watched.

"You not taking care of it by yourself. Miko these niggas can be dangerous. Then you ain't got no protection." He said and i shook my head.

"That's what I wanted to ask you." I stood up walking towards him.

"Ask me what?" He asked giving me the side eye.

"I was wondering if you could get me a gun. But just until they get off me. Then you can get it back." I said quickly because I knew he'd cut me off.

"What? No Miko. I got chu." He said and I shook my head slightly stomping my feet.

"No! I don't want you in it Benji! Just give me a gun." I said and he looked at me before shaking his head and plopping down on my bed.

"Do you even know how to use a gun?" He asked looking me upside my head.

"No. But I know you do though. Maybe you could teach me?" I asked and he stared at me like he was deeply thinking. It's crazy how when I told him he jumped out of the bed about to take care of it.

That was kind of sexy.

-BENJI'S POV-

Me and Miko talked a while longer before it was time for me to go. Kairo was blowing my phone up on some bullshit.

"You leaving?" She asked as she watched me throwing on my Nike hoodie.

"Yeah. Kairo calling me." I said and she nodded as she stood to her feet pulling down her spanks.

"Well thanks for keeping me company. I guess I'll go mess with Nia." She spoke and I chuckled before she walked me to the front door. The door opened and I looked for the truck but it was gone.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked and she sighed before shaking her head.

"Nope. I have work. Maybe after tomorrow?" She suggested and I nodded.

"That's fine with me." I said and she nodded. I pulled her in for a hug before I let my hands roam down to her butt and she playfully pushed me away.

I did a small laugh before waving and walking to my car. I got inside before speeding off back to the city. I'm not gone lie. I'm worried about Miko and her peoples.

I understand she doesn't wanna get me involved but I'm willing to help. I don't want her to make a stupid mistake and it falls on her and her grandma or her best friend.

When your in this Drug Game, niggas don't give a fuck about killing your family. Especially if their sending a message. I was willing to handle everything but since she wants to handle it by herself, I can't blame her.

I just don't want anything bad happening to her. I know I've only known her for almost 2 months, but I feel like I'm becoming attached and lord knows I don't want to right now because it's too fast but I can't help it.

She's like a best friend I never had. And to be real, I tell her almost anything and I know that's not good, but I know she won't fold. I know I feel attached, but I know she's attached and ain't no problem with that.