Thirty One - Fire

It was late afternoon and Jeongguk still hadn't seen Taehyung eversince the male returned from Australia

It was late afternoon and Jeongguk still hadn't seen Taehyung eversince the male returned from Australia. He finds out that he shared the same work schedule with Taehyung, but wondered why he didn't appeared yet when he saw only Jimin came around to work by himself and coming towards him.

"Jeongguk, I was looking for you. Ah, Taehyung went straight to hospital, he say he needs to sort out some attachment notes for the nurses. I guess, you won't be able to see him today?" Jimin informed Jeongguk, and his heart felt a sting because he needed to apologize to Taehyung, but he couldn't just abandoned his duty.

Come back to me once everything is really, really over. I'll be waiting.." - KTH
He remembers every words of Taehyung. Once again he hated his guts for acting like an idiot.

It pained Jimin to see Jeongguk's expression fall and disappointment wash over his face. "Yah, don't be like this. You said it yourself, even when the world is caving in, you can still rescue yourself and Taehyung. It's not too late okay? Come on, where's the hot and sexy firemen Jeongguk went to?! Go save the day when it's time!"

Jimin being Jimin, he knows how to comfort someone in any situation, it's biggest reason he is good listener. The way he naturally knows how to comfort others without saying a word and just being there for them especially his best friend, Taehyung.

Jeongguk sighed, sipping his - what was it now? Seven cup of pure black coffee? He lost track, and even though coffee helped him, he was really starting to feel the sleep deprivation hit him hard. He's itching to sleep next to Taehyung.

It is not helping when he felt uneasy as if something bad is about to happen. Rubbing his eyes and face tiredly with one hand, he decided to text Taehyung, he don't care if the male wouldn't reply him though.

***

To: Taebear💜

'Taebear... Jimin told me you continue your duty at hospital 😏'
5:01PM

'You better get some rest and have a proper dinner soon'
5:02PM

From: Taebear💜

'Don't worry, I'll be heading home soon 😌 '
5:04PM

To: Taebear💜

'Okay, have a safe trip home. My shifts ends in a few more hours, hope to see you later?'
5:05PM

'You're back... but I feel we're far from each other'
5:05PM

'I'm sure you've seen the viral video. I have something important to talk regarding our relationship'
5:06PM

'Tae? ☹️'
5:08PM

***

Jeongguk didn't expect Taehyung to respond. Even with just seven words! Still, he got slightly worried, he feels like dropping everything and run to the hospital to see his lover. But of course, Taehyung would feel irritated with his behavior, and he don't want that.

Wait for me Taehyung. I'll come back to you. I can make it better so that I can hold you tighter. I'll make sure to make it right.

Meanwhile on Taehyung's side, after typing a quick reply, he slid off his phone inside his pocket pants and made his way into the doctors office. He felt vibrations but chose to ignore it as he got held up by one of the professors, "Taehyung, why are you still here? I told you to go home half an hour ago. Aren't you jetlagged?"

No, Sir. I'm not jetlagged. It's my heart... My heart is so jetlagged right now. I've purposely taking extra shift's in the hospital, been keeping myself busy all the time, trying to keep him off my mind. But I can't tamed my mind, I feel like I'm going crazy! This loneliness is killing me every seconds. I wish... Jeongguk you were here now... With me...

Hours later ~

The rest of the day was filled with small talks amongst the colleagues, after Jeongguk treated everyone in the station with ton of pizza's for late dinner.

Suddenly his mood perks up since hours ago, after Taehyung replied to his messages even though it's just informing him that he will headed home soon. He wondered how Taehyung was doing, has the male reached home to eat, shower and rest?

He didn't want to text Taehyung in case he was fast asleep, which he should be, as it was almost 10 PM. He was imagining Taehyung sleeping adorably with his pouted lips.. and just  boxers without tops..

But just before he could explore his thoughts deeper, the alarms blared. Shocking him out of his relaxed slouch on the lounge room sofa. Sighing, he and the rest of the firefighters geared up, and were ready to roll out within several quick minutes.

"Where are we headed?" Jeongguk asked as they quickly grabbed their equipment and took their rightful positions in the fire truck.

"There's a three-alarm fire with reports of large flames coming from the top floors, first unit of the apartment building at TaeKook Condominium. It's nearby your place, bro. The others from nearby stations on the way there, we'll be the last to arrive due to our distance." Yugyeom informed him and the rest of the team in the truck.

Jeongguk listened to Yugyeom's explanation with furrowed brows. Did he hear the correct address? TaeKook Condo? Top floors? First unit? His eyes widened in fear and his heart leaped up into his throat. - it was Taehyung's apartment!

 - it was Taehyung's apartment!