Chapter 6

| instagram dms |

tchalamet
Hey I'll be in NY for a while,can we meet up?

opheliastone
Oh..okay I wasn't expecting that

tchalamet
It's okay if you don't want to,but I wanted to update you about the leaks.

opheliastone
I mean...yeah
I want to know

tchalamet
Yeah I thought so
I'll se you on friday
7:00 pm?

opheliastone
Okay

tchalamet
My place or yours?

opheliastone
Shit.
[deleted]
Yours is fine

tchalamet
👍🏻

Read 5:40 pm

Ophelia suddenly felt overwhelmed to say the least.
Did she just agree to meet  him...at his place?
The last time she had been there, they were still a couple. That place represented the calm before the storm.
But, it was only for the leaks, she had to remind herself, no need to lose her mind.

«Hey.»
His messy hair were longer than she remembered, his hazel eyes looked tired and his skin was very pale.
She noticed everything about him, even if it hurt to look at his face.
He was still as beautiful as the first time she saw him, but he had changed his cologne, she noticed, and the dark circles under his eyes that she fought so hard to erase, were there again.
She started to feel bad for him, thinking of him having trouble sleeping alone-
But then she remembered.
He wasn't alone.
He had a girlfriend.
«Hi.»
«Sorry...I just got back from Paris and I'm still jetlagged.»
He said, as an excuse for his messy apartment and appearence.
«Don't worry.»
She replied trying to act as cold as she could, but she still felt her heart beating faster then usual as he brought her in the living room.
«Do you want tea or coffee or..»
«Just tell me everything you know....please.»
She immediately looked down, making it clear she wasn't there to make small talk with an old friend, but to find out who decided to sabotage her.
«Oh, I'm afraid I don't have any evidence, but I think Lily has something to do with it.»
Lily
The girl he chose over her.
«Why? Aren't you her boyfriend?»
She spitted out, looking at him again.
His expression didn't change, unfazed by her attitude.
She found him as infuriating as always. That hadn't changed.
He could be the coldest bastard when he wanted to, and his calmness usually drove her insane during arguments.
«Not anymore. That's the problem.»
A surprised expression painted her face, didn't she see the two of them on a random gossip magazine cover only a few weeks ago?
«I don't understand.»
«Our managers set us up. Turns out she's mad because I broke up with her. But she's a good person and I don't believe she did it herself, maybe her manager. And I also think they're trying to portray me as a predator by making up that you were seventeen when we started dating.»
Ophelia was genuinely shocked.
«Why would someone try to ruin you like that?»
«Her manager went batshit crazy when I said I wouldn't sign the contract for an entire year. I couldn't do it anymore»
«Wait what contract?»
Timothée smiled at the girl in front of him, letting emotion fill his words for the first time since their gaze had met again.
«I wasn't with Lily for real, it was a pr stunt made up to further our careers.»
«So the pictures..»
«Staged. I tried to tell you, but you told me to leave you alone and blocked me before I could even reach you.»
Ophelia felt like a dumbass.
This entire time, the pictures...him kissing her...
«I...I don't know what to say.. I.. That doesn't excuse...Why did you do it?»
Timothée looked down,with saddened expression. His only wish to kiss the girl in front him.
He missed her more than anything.
«I didn't have much of a say in it.Dating her would've helped my career Lia, but I loved you and...»
He was struggling to find the words, hands running through the messy curls she had missed so much.
«That's why I refused to sign. Every single time I kissed her I pictured you in my mind. I was going crazy without you.»
His words made her feel butterflies she thought were dead.
«You should have told me before I found out on instagram. »
«I know. I wanted to talk to you about it but I knew how much you wanted me to tell everyone you were my girlfriend...I didn't have the courage tell you we had to wait.»
«So you thought that breaking my heart was the best option? I bet you ended up liking her too, didn't you?»
Her words were filled with hatred and hurt.
«I'm sorry...how can I make you forgive me?»
He looked down sadly.
«I..I don't know if I ever will...I gave you my heart and you didn't care then. And you're not even denying actually being with her. Maybe you should go back to her and actually date her, don't you think? It would save us some trouble for sure»
His now teary eyes met hers.
He looked defeated. As if he already knew how their meeting would end up.
«I can't go back to her. I don't want to. Because I-»
«And why should I care? I lost all my respect for you when you made love to me and then kissed her in front of everyone the day after! If you don't have a clue on how to fix this situation I have no reason to see you again.»
She screamed and then turned around, trying to fight back the tears in her eyes.
«There's a way.»
«Enlighten me then.»
He looked down again.
«We should date... I mean fake date. That way we can make it clear that it was legal and you can make a statement that we started dating when you were already 18.»
«The fuck? I'm not doing that. I don't want to help you. You only care about yourself.»
«No. I care about you. I don't want your first book to be ruined by a scandal, you have no idea how big this thing is. That interviewer is only the tip of the iceberg, and I can make it all go away.Trust me.»
She laughed at his last sentence.
«It's funny hearing you talk about trust you know? I'm never gonna trust you again!»
He looked hurt.
«If you want to fix this, it's the only way I can think of.»
She hated him. She hated that he was always so goddamn right.
«Alright. But I'm doing it for three months and that's it. After that we'll be strangers.»
«Agreed.»
Timothée didn't want to agree to that,but shook her hand anyways. He really hoped to make her forgive him in those three months, because the last six months without her almost drove him insane.