Part 8

Luna POV

The sound of my alarm fills my ears and I roll myself onto my other side to turn it off while slowly opening my eyes. I squint my eyes when the light of the first rays of the morning sun blinds me. I let my head fall onto the pillow and try to pull the cover over my head, but something makes it impossible to do that. I knit my eyebrows and as I turn back around I feel my chest tighten, there is someone laying beside me. I try to remember what happened last night to make me wake up in this bed and then it hits me, it's Lando.

Deep down I feel myself relax for a second at the thought of the boy lying beside me being Lando, but that feeling doesn't last long as I remember the reason why I'm here in the first place. At the thought of him seeing me in the state I was in last night, I feel like throwing up any second. I let go of the blanket and swing my legs over the edge of the bed and I try to do it all as quietly as possible, so Lando doesn't wake up. Just when I want to take my phone off the bedside table I get a message and my phone starts buzzing. I gasp and turn my phone off as fast as possible and now the only thing that is audible in this room is Lando's soft breathing while I stand with wide eyes next to the bed and hope he didn't wake up from my buzzing phone.

My phone tells me it's 7 o'clock and that means I have to be on the set in London in an hour. The idea that I'm expected to be on the set again full of energy when I actually only slept 3 hours makes me nauseous. I really hate that my last day in London starts like this, as I've been looking forward to shooting with these people for weeks and now that the day is finally here I would love nothing more than to watch Netflix in my own bed in Amsterdam all day.

I walk towards the chair in the corner of the room where I put my purse last night and pull it close into my chest. I let out a deep sigh as I look out of the window and feel the warmth of the morning sun on my skin. I close my eyes for a second to enjoy the sound of singing birds in his garden and with my arms crossed in front of my chest, I just enjoy the quietness of the morning standing in front of the window in Lando's bedroom. I'm still feeling anxious at the fact that he saw me, but something inside me is happy that it was Lando and not someone else.

As I turn around I look straight into Lando's eyes, who is still laying in his bed. My chest tightens and I'm unable to say anything. There is a small smile noticeable on his face, but his eyes show me how worried he is. I'm still standing in the corner without moving a muscle and I in my head I curse at myself for not saying anything, but I just can't. "Hey" the sound of his soft morning voice sends shivers down my spine and I feel my cheeks burning up. Still not able to say a single word, I just smile softly.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know what was wrong with me last night and I feel so stupid for everything that ha-" I stumble over my words, but Lando won't let me finish my sentence and shake his head as he gets out of bed. "No, I don't want you to apologize for how you feel, I'm glad you let me help you and that I could be there for you." His words surprise me and my gaze is now focused on the ground, too scared to look straight into his eyes. I already feel the first tears stinging in my eyes, but I quickly wipe them away hoping that he didn't see them. "Why are you awake already? It's so early." His voice takes me out of my thoughts and my heart starts beating even faster when I see that he's standing in front of me now. Quickly I take my phone out of my bag and see that I only have 40 minutes until I have to be in London again and I feel the panic in my body increase. "I have to be back in London in 40 minutes." My words are so soft they can hardly be heard, but from Lando's worried facial expression, he has heard me. "You've slept for 3 hours, I don't think it's healthy for you to go work. Why don't you take a day off, those people can probably shoot another day. Luna, it's not okay if you go back to work all day now, not after how you felt yesterday. I know we don't know each other very well, but this is something I can't accept. I don't want to see you destroy yourself and then pretend that everything is okay, I can't let that happen knowing that I could have done something about it" his words surprise me and somewhere in my body a warm feeling arises at the thought that he cares about me so much, but still I shake my head. "Sorry, Lando. These people have been waiting for me for weeks and I can't just cancel it. It's my job and I enjoy it, it might be hard now and then, but this is something I've been looking forward to for so long and I'm not going to just cancel it because I haven't slept much. This happens more often and every time I manage to get over it, it's all right" my voice shakes as I talk and it doesn't come across as strong as I had hoped. Lando shakes his head and runs his hands through his hair while he sighs frustrated. I know he is right, that I should just cancel this and take care of me, but the stubborn person that I am won't admit that.