Finding the Kids

Sarah's POV

I rush inside my house, barely stopping to shut the door. Okay, the kids will be fine, but I can't stay. What if they didn't forget about me?!? They'll hunt me down! I run down the hall and into my room. I have to leave town. I go over to my closet and throw it open. I crouch down to pick up a large bag.

I toss it onto my bed and start to find things to put in it. I go through my dresser and toss random clothes at my bed. I also grab a few extra things and toss them over. I run over to it and start to pile the clothes into the bag. That should be enough to last me a while. All I need to do is get them to fit! I push the clothes down, trying to make them fit, but they just won't.

Finally, I get them to fit, barely, and zip it up completely. I sigh and lean over the bag. Suddenly, I hear the front door open. Shit!! Did they fucking follow me?!?

I panic and look around, looking for something to defend myself. I can't use my powers against them, that could kill them. I just need something to knock them out. I look over near my bookshelf and spot my old baseball bat. I quickly grab it and slowly walk out of my room. I could hear multiple pairs of footsteps getting closer to the opening nearing the hall way.

I tighten my grip on the bat and raise it. "Sarah?" I hear a familiar voice ask. Nancy?!? What if they have her and are using her to get me? I stay silent and press myself against the wall. "Sarah? Where are you?" I could hear Mom's voice too. I let out a slow breath and walk closer to the opening.

I look over at the open area. They're near the open door. I could see Hopper and Jonathan with them aswell. I gulp nervously. Maybe, they're fine. Maybe. I hold the bat closer to me. "Are you guys alone? Did anyone follow you?" I call out, still not moving.

"Sarah! Where are you?" Mom asks again.

"Answer please! Were you followed?" I urge.

"No, we weren't." I could hear Hopper say. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, and peel myself away from the wall. I walk into the room, still keeping the bat to my chest. I could see them more clearly, they look scared. Nancy looks relieved once she sees me. She scurries towards me and hugs me. I awkwardly stand there. "What happened?" I ask.

She lets me go and moves her hair. "I could ask you the same. You just ran out!" She says.

"Stuff came up. What are you doing here?"

"We know about the monster. Jonathan told us." Hopper says, walking over to us. Fuck, now they know about the demogorgan. What else are they gonna find out about? Eleven? "And we know about the kid." Fucking called it.

I sigh through my nose and run my hand through my hair. "Okay, you know about Eleven, you know about the monster, and I'm pretty sure you know about the Upside Down. Is there anything you guys don't know?" I ask, throwing my hands into the air.

"Why did you run?" Nancy asks.

I look away from her and drop my bat. "You ran? Why?" I could hear Jonanthan ask aswell. I clench my fists and look back at them. "Because they could take me away! I don't want to go back, so I ran! I ran after telling the others to run." I yell, getting quieter near the end. I cross my arms around my body and hold tight.

"Take you away? Who would take you away?"

"The people from the lab!" I yell and stomp my foot.

"Why?!"

"Because I'm from there!" I snap. They're silent. Now everyone knows. "I'm from the lab, and I was afraid they were going to take me away." I whisper. I feel tears begin to prickle in my eyes, so I quickly wipe them before they could see. I huff and reach down to grab my bat. "What are you guys doing here? I thought you were supposed to be held there longer." I ask, directing my question at Jonathan.