Chapter Nine: Saving Humans, Helping People. The family business.

We all quickly flew into fast movements.

We jumped into four boats Oliver showed us and drove around to the further side of the island.

"The caves are right over here. It's one entrance but hundreds of tunnels. I'm not sure which one they are in. They wouldn't have stayed by the cave-in. It wouldn't be safe there. They would have gone into a tunnel. It could take the police hours to search. And diving tanks don't have hours worth of oxygen." Oliver explained as he steered the motorboat.

"Good thing we don't need tanks. Huh?" Fate asked with a small smirk.

"She's right." I said turning from Oliver to Fate. "Have you found out how long you can hold your breath?" I asked curiously.

"It's not so much that we hold our breath. We can talk and stuff while underwater. It's just that we can breathe in the oxygen from the water. But Faye had to breath real oxygen after forty five minutes." Fate answered quickly.

"Ok. Forty minutes. I can work with that." I said slipping my shirt and jeans shorts off so I'm standing in my bathing suit.

"Work with that?" Keanu asked from his own boat.
"What do you mean?" Keni questioned quitely.

"I'm going with them." I answered tilting my head.

"Oh hell no." Penny said grabbing my arm.
"You have got to be shitting me." Milo said staring at me from beside Keanu.

"They don't know them. How would you react if some random people came up breathing underwater and using magic? They know me. I have to help them." I argued.

Milo and I stared at each other for barely a minute before he nodded.
"Let her go pen. She's right." He said calmly.

Penny sputtered. "She can't breathe underwater."

"Air magic kid." I said smirking. "I can make an air bubble around my head. I'll be fine." I reassured her and my brothers.
"Toby, Tiana and Belle. Your the best with illusion spells. Keep the police busy but out of the cave. Penny, Copper Royale clear the cave path. Just need a hole big enough for them to fit through. Can you do that?" Milo asked gently.

When everyone nodded I took a deep breath.
"Forty minutes." I repeated. "We'll be out in under forty minutes. If we're not.." I trailed off.

"Forty minutes." Milo repeated again and I nodded.

"You ready?" I asked Fate, Oliver, Bellamy and Faye.
The four of them nodded and we all jumped off the boats.

I floated for a moment as I call my light towards me. Once I felt it sit on my fingertips I formed a bubble over my head
I went underwater and was amazed when it actually stayed.

"Let's go." I said to the others as we swam to the cave entrance.

As Penny, Royale and Copper promised, there was a hole in between the rubble, just big enough for us to fit.

~

"Twenty minutes!" I called out.
It's been twenty minutes and we still haven't found any trace of Emilie or her family.

We split up awhile ago.
Oliver and Faye going down one tunnel while Bellamy, Fate and I went down the second.

Apparently, this family has a cool way to talk to each other underwater. If one of them whispered something into the water, the currents will take it to who ever they want.

Which is way I wasn't surprised when Fate tugged my foot and pointed back down the tunnel we came from.
I glanced at Bellamy and we both quickly swam after her.