▪︎5▪︎

I open the door and see Lonnie. My abusive father.

"What are you doing here?" I ask in fear. I could already feel my eyes forming tears. There was no one home. No one who could help me.

He pushes me to the ground and puts his leg on my thigh aggressively. "Where the hell is your mother? Oh, is she working out this late? Well guess what. She failed you. She made you turn out this way. You need a beating to get yourself straight."

He kicks me in the stomach and proceeds to step on my thigh again. "Your mother owes me a thousand dollars. That bitch thinks she can get away with it huh?"

"Stop, that hurts! Please, stop!" I yell, tears were rolling down my face. I was trying to crawl away but it didn't work. His leg was too strong. He was keeping me in place with only one foot.

"You sissy! Don't fucking talk back." He yells kicking my stomach again.

"Now, I'm going to be back tomorrow. Tell your fucking mom to pay me back or there's going to be some fucking problems." He says kicking my face and throwing dirt at my face that he had picked off of the ground.

He walks away into his car and starts up the engine. Soon he speeds away leaving a cheap gas scent.

All I can hear is sniffling and sobs. My head is throbbing and I can't see anything due to the dirt in my eyes. My mom won't be home for another 3 hours and there isn't anyone to treat my wounds. The kick to the face caused bleeding that has made me so weak.

I stand up with all of the strength I have left and walk inside not bothering to close the door. I get to the house phone and dial Mike's house number.

*RING RING*

I don't care anymore.. I don't care if Mike hangs out with Troy. I just need someone to help me.

*RING RING*

Mike is the only person I've told..
The only person that knows about my dad and how he's abusive..

*RING RING*

JUST ANSWER ALREADY!

"Okay, god damn I got the phone!" Mike yells.

"Hello? Who is this?" He asks annoyed.

"Mike.."

"Will?"

"I need you to help me, I need you to come over for a bit. Please?" I mumble.

"I'll be there right now, hold on for a bit okay?" He says with a worried tone.

"Oka-"

"This call has ended"

I fall to the ground and close my eyes. Hoping that when I wake up this would all be a nightmare.

"Will, you're awake!" Mike says softly.

I open my eyes slowly and stay still for a bit processing what happened a while ago. I sit up and look at Mike who was sitting next to me with an aid kit.

"What happened to you? You're like really hurt." Mike asks.

"My dad.." I replied looking down at the ground.

"That dumb fuck?" Mike replies opening the aid kit. I dont reply, and just watch him as he takes things out.

"This might hurt, but you need to stay still" Mike says kneeling down in front of me. He gets a wipe and puts his hand on the side of my face lightly, I look straight into his eyes but he doesnt notice because he was focusing on the blood on my face. He wipes the blood from underneath my nose, and gets a big piece of a paper towel.