Ball pt.1

"I am not coming to the ball. It's utterly boring!" I yelled, annoyance laced in my voice as the maids forcedly made my gown a little too tight. I was already used to wearing tight dresses, but it was a great practice to not breath in a long time and maybe, die?

"It's your mother's favorite ball, dear." Beth said, putting a necklace on my neck. I for sure would never like wearing something as elegant as this. My tardy look stays tardy and I'm fine with it.

"Mother's favorite ball-sac to suck on." I mumbled.

"Pardon me?" The other maid, whom started her job as a maid yesterday, asked.

"Oh nothing." I said chuckling.

"Let's remove your curlers shall we?" Beth asked smiling.

"Sure go ahead why not." I bluntly said.

Time passed by and all I did was to get tortured by all this exquisite and elegant and well whatever you call them. It was finally the day where all the rich family attend to this enormous ball, which is held at Sir. Lapps huge-huge mansion. I would invite my friends Ruth and Ivanna however the big sign says 'rich people only'. A big scoff to the mouth. Ivanna was just a Mexican girl our age who is a maid as well as her mother in one of the houses in this neighborhood. But it was the most happiest moment when the family she serves for are genuinely kind to her and would let her go to school, which made us get to meet her and yay friendship begins. As for Ruth, well she just lives in a farm.

As the two maids finally finished glamming me up, I finally stared at the mirror and saw the face of a clown. The door opened and came in mom, with her usual rich looking self. I've never thought of having a gold digger mom who's just into the money and the looks my cheating father has. I'm still wondering why she still didn't get all the hints of my father obviously cheating. Hell even the father cheated with one of the maids who has a stunning look.

"Hurry up we're gonna be late!" My mom yelled.

"Oh ma'am, she's already-."

"I don't care just get her down already! The carriage is waiting and I don't have all the time." She yelled at the poor maids once again.

"My apologies ma'am." The maid said as she nodded at me as a sign I should go now. I walked up to my mom with just a straight face. The only exciting thing about the ball is just the bottles of liquors hidden somewhere in the kitchen. As me and my mom walked downstairs with nothing but silence, I saw father and Jacob all dressed up as well.

"Where the hell is Chip?" I asked confusedly.

"Oh Chip's not coming." Father said.

"Why not? How come he gets to stay home and I have to come to that ball. Unfair!" I said complaining.

"Stop being a brat! Chip was an embarrassment to me when he touched all the foods with his bare hands last year." Mom yelled smacking the back of my head as we walked outside to the carriage.

"But at least his bare hands is cleaner than yours." I said which made Jacob laughed. We were now inside the carriage and the horses starts walking to the ball.

"You don't disrespect your own mother like that!" She yelled.

"Just keep your mouth shut Claire." Dad said which made mom silent. It's always the toxicity between their relationship. And I never have a clue why dad would marry such a skank like her.

"Who the hell is Claire?" Mom asked. Oh the stupidity in me, the mother I've been with for almost fifteen years and yet I keep forgetting what her name is? It's Freya. Shocking impression was plastered in my face when I realized dad said a different name.