Chapter Four

It was an unusually warm, sunny day for it being October. Since today was his day off, Jaebeom had made his way back to his favorite nook in Ilsan. Smiling as he spotted the all too familiar storefront's old, uncleaned windows. Trudging inside, Jaebeom was greeted warmly by the 할아버지 (Hal-ah-buh-ji | grandpa). Today he was wearing a bright and colorful button-up shirt with a tacky design, which contrasted the man's usual stone-like demeanor. Of course, excluding the occasions when Jaebeom is present.

"Nice shirt, are you finally retiring?", Jaebeom joked, letting out a lively laugh in disbelief at the appearance of the elder.

"Good one. And when are you finally going to cut your hair? You can hardly see past those curtains!", he retorted, trying to hold back his giggles.

"It's my preference~ I've received many compliments, believe it or not!", Jaebeom said in a cute tone as he slightly stuck is tongue out to the 할아버지 (Hal-ah-buh-ji | grandpa).

It almost seemed as though the two were in a good mood because the weather was so unexpectedly nice.

"Oh! I almost forgot to tell you! There were a few new arrivals that came in yesterday and I think you may be interested! They're in the far back of the store on my cart, I hadn't had a chance to find a place for them just yet. Go see if there's one that catches your attention!", the man excitedly called out to the younger.

Jaebeom nodded before making his way to the back of the store, an unwavering smile plastered on his face. He spotted the small cart with a pile of new releases resting atop. He traced the books with his hand, just as he always did, searching for one that looked interesting to him. Suddenly, a bright blue cover stood out to him. He grabbed it and carefully read the title 'b, Book and Me'. He joyfully hummed as he opened up the novel to inspect its contents. It seemed interesting enough and he didn't see any others that popped out at him. He gingerly placed the book inside his mesh bag as he leisurely made his way back to the front to make some more casual conversation with the store owner.

The sun was high in the sky and Jaebeom assumed it must be noon by now. The sunlight brightly filtered through the large store window, so bright in fact, that he had to squint to make out the shape of the 할아버지 (Hal-ah-buh-ji | grandpa) behind the counter. There was an unfamiliar chuckle that radiated throughout the establishment, seemingly originating from the customer standing opposite of the bookstore owner.

"I appreciate the compliment! It's really great to see you again as well! I'll try to come back here more often!", the soft voice responded to the man in front of her.

Jaebeom strained his eyes to see the person this voice originated from, but the golden sunlight illuminated so boldly that he could hardly make out any distinguishing features. The only conclusions he could draw about the figure was its noticeably small frame and the red shirt. He continued his voyage to the front of the shop, this time his goal was to see if this person could be her. If so, he was determined to not lose her again. Nearing the register now, he could barely make out gentle eyes as she diverted her attention in his direction, toward the one approaching. Abruptly, Jaebeom felt a pressure in his chest and stopped. He gripped his torso, hoping to ease the uncomfortable feeling.

Jaebeom's eyes shot open as Nora's unmistakable meow sounded. He was met by large blue eyes. It was now morning time and the Siamese was hoping her owner would wake, ready for the beginning of the day and looking forward to her delicious breakfast. Jaebeom sighed, but gave Nora a loving head scratch before tossing his covers aside and slipping into his house slippers where he was greeted by another cat brushing against his ankles.

"Good morning! Who's ready for breakfast?", he adoringly calls to the group of five, receiving various meows in response.

After breakfast, Jaebeom showered and began preparing for the day. He and Jinyoung had made plans the night before to meet today since it was their day off from album preparations.